AFL Trade Radio

I am privately seething that he isn’t outraged.

TR reporting that Essendon have been more focused in getting the Saad job done first.

5 Likes

Also reporting that other clubs are looking to try and get involved to get pick 11.

3 Likes

good, want saad most out of all of them.

4 Likes

Great re Saad. All these things are good signs for mine IT.

I suspect that we will use future picks to secure Stringer (and possibly GWS) but we don’t want to be offering that position to other clubs, if it can be avoided.

Yeah no doubt we will use future picks. You can’t get all 3 without using something more than what we have this year.

1 Like

Pick 11 is going to be a ■■■■■■■ superstar, everybody wants him!

3 Likes

The one thing that is clear from all the different media people, there is no way that Stringer will be at the Dogs next year, regardless of what they claim.

Yeah, I have never seen so much carry on about pick 11. It has turned into pick 1 levels of overhype. I assume this is because it is a shallow draft this year?

ads ads adds

Tyrepower wants pick 11 as well

2 Likes

I hear it drops off considerably after the first 3 picks

I only hear Lordo every time as well fark

Commentary on trade radio is very much against Footscray getting pick 11 as a straight swap for Stringer. I think most people don’t believe Stringer could go back to Footscray.

This is positive. Let’s see what Brisbane or Richmond are willing to pay for it. The more interest we get for 11, the more likely the Dogs and the Suns - each of whom we have reportedly tabled deals to involving pick 11 - may come back to the table.

11 is our key bargaining chip and we need to extract as much value from it as possible in order to get all three trades done.

I am confident we will get there but I am also confident that this site will collectively ■■■■ itself before we do.

2 Likes

Good.

Because once we get 19 we pretty much set IMO

Be good if we can get the saad deal done by the end of the week.

Tigers would be ideal with 15 and 17.

Getting ahold of those two would make things allot easier. Considering the tigers have a premiership list it maybe more about gaining less players with higher quality so getting 11 may suit them. Problem is picks 11 and 29 are a bit under in points consideration we might need to swap fourth rounders or something next year to entice them.

How about
11, 29 and 41 for 15 and 17
15 to dogs for Stringer
17 to GC for Saad and a third rounder
Next years 1st and second for Smith and their next years first and second. Them banking on us finishing lower.

If we had 15 and 17 there’s no way we would trade 15 for 11 (4 spot upgrade) and then 17 for 29 and 41 (12 pick downgrade, Pick 41 is pretty meaningless) This is where the points system fails for teams that don’t have acedemies.

1 Like

Agreed, it would be a strange deal for them.