AFL Trade Radio

I just get annoyed with the Francis bashing. Yes his work ethic isn’t up there currently but all this rubbish about him being fat and lazy is so far off the mark it’s not funny. Yes his tank isn’t up to specs yet but his physique is actually pretty good. He is a intercept defender in the Lever mound and yet we are playing him all over the shop. We persist with guys who can’t play for 5-10 years yet want to give up on a bloke after 2 years ffs

40 Likes

Never gonna give you up or let you down…never gonna run around and desert you…funny as.

So much potential upside…why would we give him away for pick 30?

I agree, his fitness has improved heaps already. Yes the kids needs allot of work, but his talent is worth the effort. I hope like hell we keep him, continue to work with him and build him up of the next year.

Play him at HBF, leave him there and let him develop his natural game and the engine to support it. He would be a weapon across HB with his intercept marking, long kick and power running.

2 Likes

Dodoro has said he was getting to a good level late in the season and wants to keep him. Club isn’t giving up on him just yet.

1 Like

No way known.

Simply not what some people want to hear.

1 Like

I don’t think he will be traded unless its an offer too good to be refused. Keep him, play him, get his family over frequently and get him a Ranga girlfriend. Fall back plan, get his trade value up for next year.

1 Like

It’s pretty astonishing. And if you look closer, he’s actually showing the signs of getting it. According to champion data, which admittedly should be taken with a modicum of salt, his numbers as an intercept defender in the VFL are ranked as elite against AFL numbers. So when we settle him in the back half, he’s actually showing the signs that he can be an elite intercept defender/3rd tall. It’s simply a matter of building his tank to produce it at AFL level.

Personally I can’t see the club getting the sort of pick it’d take to let him go, that being mid-late 1st round or better.

3 Likes

They are saying that Hodge will possibly end up going as the number 1 in PSD rather than a trade to the Hawks.

problem is they live 3 hours from the airport. Adelaide isn’t really his home. I live 3 hours from the nearest airport as well, its a huge hassle, and a pain in the ■■■■.

lol another nufty asking for us to trade Fantasia and Francis for pick 10. lol

1 Like

I’ve always hoped Francis would become a Pavlich type of player, that can play forward, back and midfield but honestly my head says he is best suited as an intercept marker like Hurls.

I want to keep him if we can. He’s worth the risk of him walking away from footy as I think he’s an extraordinary talent. Settling him back, keep hooker forward (I can’t believe I’m saying that) and just PLAY HIM.

What little we’ll end up for him now we come back to bite us down the track.

LOL. I wouldn’t take that for Fantasia on his own. Gamebreaker.

3 Likes

nope but you know what fans are like…

I wouldn’t trade Fantasia for pick #1

13 Likes

We should (and IMO will) keep Francis. Worth far more to us than anyone else. Support him & get him to where he needs to be and reap the rewards.

30 Likes

really?

not even for pick 1 in next year’s draft?

1 Like

nope, two top 10 maybe but not really even then. Fanta is young and a game winning type player, the top 10 are not yet and may never be.

1 Like

We’re not going to deal with ■■■■ Carlton. Get that?

3 Likes