Akermanis at Essendon?

There’s confidence and then there’s ■■■■■■■■.

Aker as a potential EFC coach was talked about a very long time ago.

So was Woosha. So was McKenna.

Process!!

Aker, Tippa and Rioli all just slotting goals from the boundary after training at the TVSC!

There's confidence and then there's ■■■■■■■■.

And seriously, We just don’t need guys like that in developmental roles at the club. It’s terrifying, TBH.

I’d prefer Nick Raptopolous (or whatever his name is) as development coach.

If you want to sabotage a club, give them Akermanis to deal with. It’s not whether he screws up, it’s when.

One thing about Akermanis is that he is no yes man and he says what he thinks, although at times it seems his mouth is ten steps ahead of his thoughts.

I am concerned he is too humble…needs more arrogance.*

*Cannot see him working with John.

Some of the biggest wankers I’ve ever met are teachers.

Causing a bit of a stir up here on the border. The supporters of other teams are hilarious about him joining the Bombers - the rubbish being thrown is equal to the Asaga era.

Causing a bit of a stir up here on the border. The supporters of other teams are hilarious about him joining the Bombers - the rubbish being thrown is equal to the Asaga era.

Corowa Rutherglen aren’t laughing…

Just what we need a job applicant who conducts a unilateral job interview in the mainstream media in the 2 weeks leading up to the actual interview.

After he gets the job, next headline:
Jason Akermanis, redefines job interview process for job seekers

Causing a bit of a stir up here on the border. The supporters of other AFL teams are hilarious about him joining the Bombers - the rubbish being thrown is equal to the Asaga era.

Fixed

Been torn to shreds… may be other clubs not far behind! Over to the O&M Board…

What’s happened to the Roos?

Why do I keep checking this thread expecting the truth to be revealed that it’s not happening or a rumor, only to find it seems to be gaining momentum.

Same old story. Lack of money therefore no ability to attract big name coach therefore player exodus. They are struggling for numbers. Big time. Concern is that they won’t be able to field a seconds next year. Akermanis has actually made some pretty valid points regarding the O&M comp.

Doesn’t mean he can coach. Blind Freddy knows what’s wrong with the O&M.

Same old story. Lack of money therefore no ability to attract big name coach therefore player exodus. They are struggling for numbers. Big time. Concern is that they won’t be able to field a seconds next year. Akermanis has actually made some pretty valid points regarding the O&M comp.

Doesn’t mean he can coach. Blind Freddy knows what’s wrong with the O&M.

They need to get the Houlihan and Longmire clans back around that $hit. & Surely, Sheedy’s boy Henneman has some clout :wink:

Why do I keep checking this thread expecting the truth to be revealed that it's not happening or a rumor, only to find it seems to be gaining momentum.

It’s BB, it is like Twitter, “it is posted therefore it is fact” therefore it gains momentum until such time as nothing happens, then we all say “knew nothing was going to happen”. If it does happen then we all say “so and so* told us that would happen therefore we should always listen to everything so and so says”.

*John Carpenter

Only my opinion but i think it’s a great move, regardless of what people think of him personally, he does appear to have great football knowledge and hopefully some of his work ethic & professional approach to football will rub off on our younger players. Also appears to have done some really good work with younger players in the lower leagues.

Media don’t like him…fit’s in perfectly!

Why do I keep checking this thread expecting the truth to be revealed that it's not happening or a rumor, only to find it seems to be gaining momentum.

It’s BB, it is like Twitter, “it is posted therefore it is fact” therefore it gains momentum until such time as nothing happens, then we all say “knew nothing was going to happen”. If it does happen then we all say “so and so* told us that would happen therefore we should always listen to everything so and so says”.

*John Carpenter

Because Carlisle hasn’t left the club, you know the player that for months on here wasn’t going and it was only a rumour.

Woosha being head coach was just made up too wasn’t it ? i mean the process was legit right. mckenna as an assistant that never happened either, despite being reported yonks before it happened.

If you want to be sanctimonious it’s probably better that we didn’t have a recent history proving the fears of people in here are valid.