Akermanis at Essendon?

Running the psychology program??? Wtf kind of joke is this? He'd hardly be coming into the club to take over tactical areas (we've got 4 current/former AFL head coaches plus other assistant coaches) and I sincerely hope we wouldn't let him anywhere near the development of impressionable young players. Maybe something to do with individual player tactics of mid to senior players (midfield and smaller forwards)...

He was a great individual footballer, but I can’t see him being a good addition to our coaching staff.

that’s ok. No different to the inmates running the asylum!

BRING HIM IN

That’s what the cop said about the axe murderer.

Are you sure?? … i thiought it was “Get him outta ear” … or “Take him away” … or the classic … “Get him outta my sight!”

Sorry WOB. Essendon is a gentlemans club. Aker is thus banned.

He's a self serving virus. Dont want him within a bulls roar of the club unless he's going to the airport to leave indefinitely.

And you know this how?
Please explain.

the airports really close to the hpc

He's a self serving virus. Dont want him within a bulls roar of the club unless he's going to the airport to leave indefinitely.

And you know this how?
Please explain.

Lol. Does exposed history count?

Would be a worse decision than hiring Dank!

This has crossed my mind in a very positive way.

Isn’t it great to see people who have had no association with Essendon, wishing to put their hands up to join the club? Be it in coaching, playing or in any other capacity.

After the malaise of the last few years, this off-season so far has been very refreshing, encouraging and extremely positive. May it continue.

There are still punters here who haven’t rumbled this is a ■■■■ take account. Beats me how.

WANT

Was a mighty good player.

His ball drop was phenomenal - just about kicked it out of his hands.
An absolute toolbag but would be worth it for kicking skills alone

You know he’s not gonna play for us right?

You know he’s not gonna play for us right?

Exactly. A good kick but can he teach?

Why does the image of Aker kikcing his own testicles out of his hand not seem quite as crazy as if it were anyone else?

Why does the image of Aker kicking his own testicles out of his hand not seem quite as crazy as if it were anyone else?

Not something I would contemplate in my wildest nightmares myself , however, today was the day he was scheduled to make his pitch to break into the big time as a coach at Essendon. We now await the decision for the development coach. Surely there are other, more suitable applicants ? Surely?

Why does the image of Aker kicking his own testicles out of his hand not seem quite as crazy as if it were anyone else?

Not something I would contemplate in my wildest nightmares myself , however, today was the day he was scheduled to make his pitch to break into the big time as a coach at Essendon. We now await the decision for the development coach. Surely there are other, more suitable applicants ? Surely?

There's bound to be. Doesn't mean they'll get the job.

I know the Thais like a bit of chili and the Africans like pepper to spice up their cooking.
The Mexicans like some lime to add zest to their dishes.

But ■■■ , for the EFC Akemanis is like the japanese eating Fugu, sure might be good, but do we have the risk appetite.?

How did this go?

How did this go?
The thread? So-so.

I would be stoked… he got North Albury from the bottom of the ladder to the top in 3 years… Worth a crack

AFL Jason Akermanis makes pitch for Essendon development coach job

November 18, 2015 7:09pm
PAUL MALONEThe Courier-Mail

DRIVING back from his job interview at Essendon on a career path that he hopes may one day bring him back to Queensland, Jason Akermanis reckoned he had made his case.

The Lions triple-premiership player drove from Albury to Melbourne and back with coaching more experience than his ex-clubmates Michael Voss and Justin Leppitsch brought to their AFL head coach roles.

And James Hird and Nathan Buckley, for that matter.

Akermanis thought he did well in the interview with Essendon for their development coach role. He thinks he can succeed in bringing through the Bombers’ first, second and third-year players to have AFL careers if the Bombers appoint him.

Confidence, as AFL watchers know, has been part of the Akermanis make-up for a long time.

Three years as coach of North Albury and his grade-three coaching certificate make the maverick Brownlow medallist believe he can make it as a coach in the big league

“I’ve had a lot of help in the industry and hopefully I’m the best candidate,’’ Akermanis said.

“I know my skills are very much improved and I have done my apprenticeship at North Albury.

“I’m happy for Leppa to learn and if the Lions want to be patient, so be it.

“The Lions have to consider why they keep employing rookie coaches who have never run their own teams. That’s the issue, as much as they (Leppitsch and Voss) are ex Brisbane players.

“It’s not about Leppa. I love those guys and Leppa knows that. Leppa is learning all the time and it does take time.

“My point to the supporters is you don’t fluke bottom four. I know they are trying to reload the list.

“The most important thing to say if you either have the patience or you ask the question to the board just why they continue to hire people who are coaching their own team for the first time. Is it the best way forward? The fans have to make the decision.’’

Akermanis hopes to find out as early as Friday if he has the Bombers job.

Part of him wants to come back to Queensland to coach one day.

“Brisbane or the Gold Coast, now they have a team — it will always be a place where I could coach there at some stage and knowing that area and the issues there so well,’’ he said.

“That part of me is always there because of my family there. Depending on the timing and what’s going, I always thought I’d be back in Queensland at some stage.’’

Akermanis has coached the North Albury club to the finals in the first and third seasons of his three in the position.

“I’ve put a lot of young players in because the club needed to rebuild,’’ he said.

“Phil Jauncey (a Brisbane sports psychologist) said to me, ‘If you want to see if you can coach, go with a club at the bottom and find out’.

“The skills I’ve had to acquire gives me an idea of running a team — I had to be everyone, the coach, the mentor, the recruiter … the bloke who blows the balls up.

“The players don’t have the same talent as the ones I’d be working with (at Essendon), but they are the same in that they are pretty immature and have a lot of work to do.’’

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jason-akermanis-makes-pitch-for-essendon-development-coach-job/news-story/fad08b40f9067f06f483787790c74035

He has all the tact and grace of a turkey slap. Can’t help but fling some ■■■■ at Brisbane for no apparent reason. I just find it so hard to believe that he’d be any good at man management.