Akermanis at Essendon?

Controversial former AFL player Jason Akermanis says the type of substances Essendon players allegedly used are designed to beat drug detection.

Bombers players were reportedly administered peptides in a program costing tens of thousands of dollars.

The AFL website posted this explanation in relation to what peptides are;

“Peptides are a compound made up of amino-acid molecules. There are several forms of peptides that are legal for athletes to take. But there are others that promote muscle growth and have similar properties to human growth hormone (HgH). There is much more uncertainty over the effects, and therefore, the legality of peptides in sports medical circles than there is with HgH.”

The Brownlow Medalist says peptides can be used as a strain of another drug - like growth hormones - and thereby avoid detection.

and

LIONS great Jason Akermanis today lashed out at James Hird, claiming the Essendon coach got off lightly for his role in the supplements saga because he is an AFL "golden boy".

Hird is banned until late next season, while the club copped a $2 million fine, loss of draft picks and disqualification from the finals after being found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute.

When asked on Triple M this morning if Hird was lucky to escape further sanctions, Akermanis said: "A little bit. He’s a golden boy remember, and they tend to get well looked after. I’m not a big fan of that because they should be as accountable as anyone.

He's been coaching country footy, I think.

Captain coaching North Albury in the O&M.

Still a top notch fark chop.

Was suspended earlier this season for Cyber bullying an umpire.

edit - just saw HAP noted this.

Too much talk of him being self obsessed and crazy. Is a nurturing loving human being.

Aker and a BIG FISH what is not to like.

BRING HIM IN

Honestly, if we hire this tool - The club has completely lost their marbles.

We lack crazy. Genuine knee buckling, head scratching crazy. Everyone complains we are too vanilla. This is one outside the box. Is as skilled as just about anyone who has played the game. Thinks outside the square.

People are worried that Worsfold has been out of the game and may not have kept up with the game tactically. We may be about to invent where the game is going. Bring him in

I agree. The “larrikan” was forced out of the game by the people favouring vanilla. We need some personality back in the game and back in the club. And he was a great player and knows a lot about football. He is also fairly uncompromising and has never seemed to be conservative.
Bring him in.

Too much talk of him being self obsessed and crazy. Is a nurturing loving human being.

You mean that getting Aker on board will help to land us a big fish?

As long as their is a contract that he never open his mouth to the media in any form whether it be interview, tell all, book, newspaper, twitter, facebook in relation to our club ever from the time of his appointment till his death then that's ok with me.

I couldn’t care less if he opened his mouth. Maybe that’s what we need . No one else has been game for the past three years.

If he was a completely different person I might be interested.

Controversial former AFL player Jason Akermanis says the type of substances Essendon players allegedly used are designed to beat drug detection.

Bombers players were reportedly administered peptides in a program costing tens of thousands of dollars.

The AFL website posted this explanation in relation to what peptides are;

“Peptides are a compound made up of amino-acid molecules. There are several forms of peptides that are legal for athletes to take. But there are others that promote muscle growth and have similar properties to human growth hormone (HgH). There is much more uncertainty over the effects, and therefore, the legality of peptides in sports medical circles than there is with HgH.”

The Brownlow Medalist says peptides can be used as a strain of another drug - like growth hormones - and thereby avoid detection.

and

LIONS great Jason Akermanis today lashed out at James Hird, claiming the Essendon coach got off lightly for his role in the supplements saga because he is an AFL "golden boy".

Hird is banned until late next season, while the club copped a $2 million fine, loss of draft picks and disqualification from the finals after being found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute.

When asked on Triple M this morning if Hird was lucky to escape further sanctions, Akermanis said: "A little bit. He’s a golden boy remember, and they tend to get well looked after. I’m not a big fan of that because they should be as accountable as anyone.

This is the reason I don’t like the idea of him coming to Essendon. He was a good player and has a good footy brain but I hope I never have to see or hear him if he is given the role.

Please no.

The guy is a complete and utter fucktard, surely a ■■■■ take.

I’m not doing cartwheels.

We could do a lot worse.

Was a mighty good player.

…and therefore?

I guess that’s being a bit unfair Boot, but everything I see regarding Aker suggests his approach with people is divisive which feels wrong for EFC at present?

Aker at Essendon? That's absurd. What's next, Donald Trump running for President?

That’s a good one…now why didn’t I think of that!

I take it back. No thanks

Will he have to give up the handstand again? He always has to make so many sacrifices.

yeah yeah yeah - he’s an exciting, tantalising, mongreling, whacko, genius perhaps. Sublime footballer. Maybe even a good coach. But fark me. You really think this is what we need at the club right now? really?
You all know how it will end.

As long as their is a contract that he never open his mouth to the media in any form whether it be interview, tell all, book, newspaper, twitter, facebook in relation to our club ever from the time of his appointment till his death then that's ok with me.

I couldn’t care less if he opened his mouth. Maybe that’s what we need . No one else has been game for the past three years.

Wrong:
““There are certainly some people within the AFL industry that I have no time for — who I think are ordinary individuals and don’t speak the truth.” James Hird 2015