All Australian 2019

Looking through the list of 40, there does seem to be a couple of small forwards like Cameron and Walters, and of course an abundance of midfielders, but 0 small lockdown defenders, and 0 midfield taggers.

Merged and shifted to Non-Essendon forum.

Saad has been beaten once this year and it was almost certainly after they made their votes. That’s a bunch of people with no clue.

6 Likes

Saad got robbed.best small defender in the game

3 Likes

We are known, as Essendon supporters, to overate our list.

Some think a forward line of Brown, Smack and Snelling is the equivalent of the Victorian side that had Lockett, Dunstall and G Ablett Senior

Its Worsfolds fault. No plan B in the forward line.

To be fair, we’ve been playing our plan b ever since Joe went down injured :confused:

1 Like

Dean Margetts stiff to be excluded from West Coast’s contingents.

13 Likes

Harsh no Bombers on the list, Hasher no Lachie Whitfield ? yet we have the likes of Talia, Houli, Rampe, Brad Sheppard and Nick Haynes (WHO?)… I also giggled at Dion Prestia making the squad.

1 Like

No one deserves it.
Maybe Saad.

But it tells a story about our performance this season. Underwhelming, but got over the line enough times to get into the 8.

We hardly played any quality football.

1 I don’t think Saad quote deserved to make it
2 I do think Stringer deserved to make it
3 Who cares really though
10 Darren Bewick

Prestia had a career best year and deserved to make it. Talia and Haynes were fortunate. Not sure Talia has had the great season he usually does.

My god, if that isn’t flog wanker city then I’ll go he.

1 Like

Saad needs to do more footy media.

good for dodoro tho no AA bonus for anyone lol.

Zac Merrett should have been in squad for sure

1 Like

mccluggage lucky to be in Ahead ofMerrettand others

Nealeand zorko get the tags

I am completely fine with Merrett not being selected in the squad this year

4 Likes

me too.

but luggage just in there cause brisbane are second.

same as eagles get 7 due to last years flag

Nah, his disposal has really poor this season.

His start to the season was also very poor. You need to have an absolute gun of a season to get into the midfield

If they are genuinely picking by position then McCluggage being picked makes sense as a designated wingman given the season he has had there. If Whitfield hadn’t missed the footy he did this year I reckon he would have edged Clug out on a wing. I must admit, I thought Brad Hill would at least make the squad though in that capacity.

They pick it on stats for the most part and his numbers are up with top players

I don’t have the DE numbers but I’d guess his would be no worse/better than most also

I think Stringer is stiff.

He would make a much better forward pocket in the team than whatever midfielder that will be named there in his place.

1 Like