All Australian 2019

There is no way James ■■■■■■■ Sicily got selected over Saad/Irish

2 Likes

Just more motivation for the eagles game. Good

Yeah let’s hope saad, McKenna, Merrett, stringer get a collective BOG display to show up the team who got 7 representatives and knock em out the finals.

Wouldn’t that be nice

2 Likes

How many teams have made finals without having one player listed in the All Australian squad of 40?

1 Like

no room for Rance

#joke

1 Like

Wow. Saad not in the squad is an absolute joke. I can understand the others but I would have thought Saad was almost a lock for the team.

Can’t remember a more annoying non-selection of an EFC player to be honest.

1 Like

When richo stands out as the most intelligent representative its always going to be a bit of a battle.

There are some seriously mofoing dumb people in that group

4 Likes

a few was asked on twitter

Dons 2011, Tigers & Blues 2013
Dons 2019

4 Likes

Meh. Stupid invented non thing made up and judged by a panel of idiots. And we know opinions are like arrseholes, but they are less than irrelevant when they actually come from one, … or in this case, a group of them.

Wgaf.

Tell you what would be more relevant, … is a peoples “Team of the Year”, (ALL Australian,… what a fkn stupid moniker it’s always had, . who the fk would they play,… ALL New Zealand?/ Fk off)… or maybe better, … one put together based on the votes of the 3 or 400 jounos etc that call commentate or scribe about the game, … then maybe through a larger collective, we’d get a far less facile, concocted for purpose result.

It’s always been a bit of a joke.

People honestly care about the AA team? Hmph… well, I’ll be buggered…

Even in 2000, we didn’t have the most AA reps.

Not enough froffing about Ambrose’s exclusion.

These experts wouldn’t have selected McKenna for an All-Irish squad, their collective IQ wouldn’t reach double figures.

1 Like

I recall there being some pats on the back a few years ago when Paddy, Hibberd, Joe D, Hurley and Zerrett made it that one year.
Only care when it suits us.

1 Like

Gil didn’t want anyone smarter than him on the panel, which narrowed it down greatly.

1 Like

He did have the best year of his career. But certainly didn’t deserve to make it. I could name 20 midfielders better than him. Maybe 30. If you are going to call him a half back flanker, I could name 50 better.

Spot on Borgy, exactly what I thought re: every single one of those inclusions. None of them are close to best 40.

Houli has been good and career best year…

but Brad Sheppard and Dion Prestia…I doubt they will make the final team, same with Haynes.

Rampe gets in for his pole climbing antics surely.

1 Like

He’s also a turnover merchant.

I love getting stuck into Houli but thought I’d check before agreeing…

That’s average per game.

There are actually 100 players who average 4 or more turnovers. The more you get the ball, obviously the more you risk turning the ball over.

1 Like