All Things Podcast

:rofl:

Yeah, thatā€™s criminal (& cruel).

1 Like

Michael Connelly (of Bosch and Lincoln Lawyer fame) has just started a true crime podcast called Murder Book.

It starts with a 30-year case that exposes the fragility of the US judicial system.

Iā€™ve just put my Revolutions podcast on the back burner. Louis-Philippe has just abdicated as the last king of the French as the first domino to fall in the Revolutions of 1848. The Second Republic has dawned.

3 Likes

Met a guy who does a podcast called UnDisciplined. Each week gets 2 leading researchers of different fields to explain their research to each other. End result is science talk that isnā€™t dumbed down, but explained so an intelligent person without the background can understand. Will be added to my commute podcast rotations.

2 Likes

At this point itā€™s easier to list the people who havenā€™t started a true crime podcast.

3 Likes

Not many have had 20-30 best-sellers, 2 movies and a 4-season TV series made.

Subscribed. Cheers.

That should read UnDisciplined. Had a look at the other one, Undisciplined, and there was an episode titled ā€˜Whoresome Menā€™. Didnā€™t look too scientific, so I kept searching and found the one you mentioned. Cheers. :wink:

1 Like

alex jones on joe rogan is fatiguing.

Anyone started on ā€œWho the hell is Hamishā€? Its by another investigative journalist from The Australian and uses a method similar to that used in The Teachers Pet. Hamish is a serial con artist who has ripped off numerous people around the world including leading fashion designer Lisa Ho.

1 Like

Sure have, RB. His web of lies was extraordinary (& horrible). Reckon he hid some of the loot?

1 Like

Only watched a few clips of todays show barnz and wowee. That was fricken crazytown.

i donā€™t like the JRE at all, but i had to see this.

The scary thing is, with all the crazy stuff he comes out with, about 20% of what he rambles about sound plausible, especially to a naive ear. When spoken with such energy and conviction, it is no doubt why his followers latch onto him creating these fringe conspiracy groups.

Heā€™s dangerous to himself and others. Clearly has mental issues that need professional treatment.

heā€™d be fine if he stopped 2,3,4,5 steps earlier in his train of though.

Maybe step two.
Step three is Pedophile Alien Nazis Hybrids are collecting late term aborted babies for organ harvesting!

Good question. Iā€™m not sure he has hidden any away. Think he was too much hand to mouth - the flashy cars and watches show how he lived. If he was hiding it away there is also the question why did he keep conning more people. Clearly he might have loved the rush but I think itā€™s becuase he needed it to fund his lifestyle.

Must be a tough life constantly telling stories. The 9/11 and parentā€™s death stories were horrible.

1 Like

Started an excellent podcast series last week called ā€˜Disrupting Japanā€™. Basically, about young Japanese entrepreneurs who are challenging the old guard. For those interested in entrepreneurialism, startups, innovation, or just Japanophiles. Oh, interviews in English.

2 Likes

Finished Hamish. What a turd monger. Am convinced that he has stashed some of the stolen loot somewhere o/s. Hereā€™s hoping that he receives a long custodial sentence in June.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure itā€™s been mentioned but new season of disgraceland started. Quality crime pod that focuses on the music scene

1 Like

Fitter Radio - NZ Traithlon podcast
The Physical performance show (AU)
Trail Runner Nation (US)
Marathon Talk (UK)
Runner Chats (AU)

Itā€™s a sad indictment on the law that Hamish could con so many people over so many years and get away with it. My fingers are crossed he does big time as well.

1 Like