All Things Podcast

Subscribed. Oh, this looks like being a ripper. Cheers.

1 Like

Yep. Decades. Multiple jurisdictions. Broken hearts. A tsunami of financially ruined victims. Sentencing in June (I believe).

1 Like

Can I recommend;

Somehow Related - Glenn Robbins and Dave Oā€™Neill.

Two strange things that are somehow related. E.g. Salvador Dali & Chupa chups.

Childproof - Tony Martin & Geraldine Quinn.

A mini series that didnā€™tā€™ get up reworked and turned into a podcast play.

Have almost finished ā€˜Murder Book S1: The Tell-Tale Bulletā€™ and have throughly enjoyed it. Cheers for the reco. Rollin 60s gang member infiltrates the police and becomes a police sergeant - despite being the main suspect in an earlier carjacking and murder.

Just knocked off Neil Straussā€™ podcast ā€˜To Live and Die in LAā€™. Several whodunit twists that will keep you guessing till the end.

The Grade Cricketer Podcast is back.
Itā€™s one I really enjoy and always get a laugh from.

1 Like

I bought the book. Gave up after about 50 pages. It was so far from everything else they do that I couldnā€™t stand it.

Itā€™d be like Titus Oā€™Reily writing a family drama/gender identity novel.

My avatar has a great podcast at the moment. Check out Conan Oā€™Brien Needs a Friend. Not particularly funny but quite interesting

The first book by the Grade Cricketer was awesome - it nailed exactly what my 12 years of playing premier cricket was like.

Their second book wasnā€™t anywhere near as good.

Just listening to their latest podcast now.

Best I read like that was The Vincibles by Gideon Haigh about a season in the life of South Yarra CC who were in our comp at the time.

Two identical twins from SYCC wrote the MyCricket app in that year which seems to be everywhere now.

Yep that was a great read - I played against a few of the characters over the years.

MyCricket is a great resource. On a personal note my only wish is that it had my entire career record. The records for my best two seasons in the middle of my career are missing due to Cricket Victoria deciding to go it alone for a couple of years!

Anyone listen to The Final Word with Adam Collis and Geoff Lemon? Best cricket podcast out there imo.

Latest (& prolly last) episode of ā€œWho the Hell is Hamish?ā€ is out. Sentencing. Wonā€™t spoil it.

1 Like

The Richards Report (Teddy richards - investing)
listening to the first episode with Chris Judd (comes across as a nice guy).

have a few episodes with afl connected guys on there - Andrew Welsh, Andrew Pridham, Lindsay Tanner for example.

Bump.

Keen on some recommendations now that Iā€™ve burned through nearly all available eps of my current favourites. #commuterlyf

Criteria:

• No ā€œtrue crimeā€ bollocks
  • Prefer funny over informative but not by much
  • None where it starts out with a great premise but about a dozen episodes in the hosts have bought into their own hype and think that we want 70% of the show to be dumb hysterical rambling about their personal lives and not the original premise. Looking at you, All Fantasy Everything and The Worst Idea Of All Time.
  • Not footy. Footyology has me sorted in that category.

The Dollop - A comedy/history podcast where a comedian, Dave, regales another comedian, Gary, in some of the more bizarre, misunderstood and often unbelievable episodes of American history, some of them are well-known and others which have been swept under the rug. It also has a significant Aussie following and so they have also covered some Australian stories during their tours Downunder.

Edit - They have about 350 episodes up so it should see you through for a while.

3 Likes

Yep, very familiar with them.

Anyone else reading, if you donā€™t listen to The Dollop, you should. Listen to The Rube (one of the early episodes) if you need convincing. If you need more, track down Ten Cent Beer Night, Reg Spiers, The Dolphin and Newport Sex Scandal.

1 Like

I got a lot out of the History of Rome and Revolutions podcasts.

Espionage is interesting. Tells stories of spies, how they operated and how they were caught.

The bugle and no such thing as a fish are fun, but probably not to everyoneā€™s liking.

1 Like

Can I ask where people find the time to listen to Podcasts?

Iā€™m guessing itā€™s am / pm PT Commute? But outside of that?

For me when Iā€™m driving to and from work.

Also like to put a podcast on if Iā€™m cooking on a Sunday.

2 Likes

At the gym, whilst cooking, when I should be sleeping, when Iā€™m doing housework, when I could/should be reading a real book, on planes, whilst gardening, when Iā€™m being anti-social etc

1 Like