All Things Podcast

I’m nearly up to date on The History of the English Language. The Ratline is short, but interesting about an Austrian Nazi who escapes to Rome via the “ratline”. His son is a major contributor.

An average work week sees me spend 12-14 hours behind the wheel.

I just moved into the city after spending 4 years driving 3-4 hours a day. Gave me a lot of podcast time, but was terrible for every other aspect of life.

Out walking for me, or whenever i drive to Melbourne.

1 Like

You into radio dramas / plays?

There is a classic zombie series called “We’re Alive” that goes about 4 seasons, and is very well made.

1 Like

An hour (each way) commute, running, cooking, breastfeeding, whilst the eldest is watching playschool…

1 Like

New podcast I found was “You’re wrong about”, 2 journos who take past events and people and tell what the media “got wrong” about them or missed reporting.

1 Like

Hardcore history

1 Like

I listen to Podcasts to and from work. Often I’ll listen to something when walking between meetings as well. Also i literally can’t sleep without listening to something so I pick out a podcast in which I have a mild interest in every night to get to sleep.

1 Like

The times everyone is describing is when I try to catch up on a shitpile backlog of Music I’ve been wanting to listen to.

Easy to see why I can’t seem find the time, … it seems it’s one or the other. (… or, if you’re braindead, … MMM or SEN, … :smirk: )

And that’s when I’ll try catching up on Docos I want to watch. (similar thing I s’pose, … just with pictures)

1 Like

play podcasts while working.

Sh***ing With The Door Open.

1 Like

Dumb People Town is a podcast that tells stories about various people that would give Florida Man a run for his money. Not terribly informative but is quite humourous, The Dollop boys have appeared a few times as guests.

2 Likes

So just trying to find some podcasts for the drive to and from work.

What are people listening to that they like, any subject?

Tried a few which were ■■■■, but I found one I liked called ‘13 minutes to the moon’ from the BBC, listened to the final episode first, so have to start over.

You got kids? If so:

2 Likes

Rusty’s Garage ( Greg Rust ) is good if you like Motorsport. Always a good interview with people like Murphy, Webber, Lowndes etc. He also interviews ex mechanics etc. Its easy listening and good quality. Don’t even really have to love Motorsport for it to keep your interest.

Didn’t really hit the spot for me this one. But too much like an FM radio show, with all the pats on the back and OTT story telling.

Thanks for the link though.

1 Like

If you like some informative/comedy type stuff Sawbones is a medical history podcast where a doctor teaches her husband about some of the old-timey medical procedures and beliefs that used to be practised.

1 Like

Only missing a dmt reference, but this is great.

2 Likes

So, that rules out every podcast ever recorded then.

1 Like