All Things Podcast

The next Dan Carlin is down. Sequel to King of Kings, some early middle-eastern kingdoms. I struggled to get interested in the first episode.

Yeah, just listening now. It’s already got me more hooked than episode one, which wasn’t his greatest.

I really enjoyed Ep 1, but I studied Ancient Persia a bit in high school and found it very interesting. Seems like an underrepresented place and time.

I’m still listening BTW… Man, these aren’t brief history lessons!

I’m halfway through World War One. No spoilers, please!

I'm still listening BTW... Man, these aren't brief history lessons!

That’s why I like the Overcast app, I listen at 1.2x speed with the gaps between lines reduced. Cuts about an hour out of each episode.

I'm still listening BTW... Man, these aren't brief history lessons!

That’s why I like the Overcast app, I listen at 1.2x speed with the gaps between lines reduced. Cuts about an hour out of each episode.

I dunno, I had a pretty boring and mundane work day today. I could have done it 0.8x

I'm halfway through World War One. No spoilers, please!

Mr Princip did it. With the sandwich, in the deli.

Serial season 2 finished… Interesting story without being as gripping as season 2…
You could do millions of podcasts of how People try to simplify complicated things!

So Adnan has been granted a new trial. Dude needs to buy Sarah Koenig a box of chocolates

So Adnan has been granted a new trial. Dude needs to buy Sarah Koenig a box of chocolates

If he gets off he will be a rich man

I don’t know. I think he did it.

I don't know. I think he did it.

Of course he did.

I don't know. I think he did it.

Of course he did.

I agree but still can’t believe they found him guilty. Will sign a deal admitting guilt and agreeing notto sue for early release

I really enjoyed Ep 1, but I studied Ancient Persia a bit in high school and found it very interesting. Seems like an underrepresented place and time.

I have listened to Ep 1 & 2 of Ancient Persia, but sounds like next installment will be better again.

Geez he loves to talk about hand to hand combat. Watching family/friends die mid battle, and the mental effect of that.

Dan Carlins latest goes for 5 hours

Dammit.

I haven’t listened to Ep 2 yet :confused:

I’m 1 hour 45 into it. Gonna be a long week.

Dammit.

I haven’t listened to Ep 2 yet :confused:

Take a year off work, and just binge them all.

Whacko....I'm driving to and from Melbourne (300km each way) and then 1000km+ to Sydney later this month.

I’m only 10 episodes behind in Freakanomics and 60 odd in the History of English Language.

But if Dan Carlin’s got anothery, that should at least get me to Melbourne and back.

I want to see if Darius turns into a god with a golden head like in one of those Sparta films where Eva Green was a Persian admiral.