All Things Podcast

What apps do people use also iOS or Android?

Android… podcast republic

I just use the native iOS app.

But when I was looking at eps of In Our Time, the show’s been going since 1998 and a heap of them aren’t available through iTunes, so I downloaded them and imported them to the phone as music playlists.

I was struggling to work out how to do it, then wondered “what’s this?” and found it had imported all of them. You have to delete them manually of course, where the app does it after you’ve listened to it.

Native IOS app and Overcast for those long Hardcore history eps

BeyondPod on Android, but I haven’t looked around for a few years. There is probably much better.

The Allusionist is an entertaining podcast about language. The presenter, Helen Zaltzman, has a good British sense of humour.

Anyone listening to The True Geordie podcasts?

Do you need subtitles?
Do you need subtitles?

Given the amount of Scouse-related podcasts/shows I watch the Geordie accent is pretty easy to decipher!

Do you need subtitles?

Given the amount of Scouse-related podcasts/shows I watch the Geordie accent is pretty easy to decipher!

The only guy that can understand Jamie Carragher

Do you need subtitles?

We’ve got a real scouser down here…haven’t heard any Geordies though.

It’d be something to tell the wains, pet!

I reckon Biffa Bacon, Sid the Sexist and the Fat Slags would rip out some fair Geordie.

If anyone has watched a show called “How Britain Works”, what accent is it that that guy Guy speaks in?

If ever a bloke needed subtitles, … ■■■■■■ may as well be speaking in tongues, the only thing I u.stand is the Eh! at the end of every sentence.

What comes beforehand, is anyone’s guess.

If anyone has watched a show called "How Britain Works", what accent is it that that guy Guy speaks in?

If ever a bloke needed subtitles, … ■■■■■■ may as well be speaking in tongues, the only thing I u.stand is the Eh! at the end of every sentence.

What comes beforehand, is anyone’s guess.

Grimsby in Lincolnshire on the east coast heard towards Hull. Kevin Keegan is from up there. So it’s heading towards Geordie country. We had a guy at work who was from Lincolnshire, and he had a strong accent but not unintelligible.

EHHHHHHHHMMMMM

Just finished the latest 6 hour Dan Carlin epic, great topic considering the current state of global politics.

Just finished the latest 6 hour Dan Carlin epic, great topic considering the current state of global politics.

I’ve got about an hour left. At first, I thought the topic was going to drag a bit, but in typical Carlin fashion, he hooked me completely. Can’t wait to get to the last bit later on.

I’ve got about an hour left. At first, I thought the topic was going to drag a bit, but in typical Carlin fashion, he hooked me completely. Can’t wait to get to the last bit later on.

He tells a great story!

Anyone listen to the podcast Case File?

Quite like the format, much more serious tone than other true crime podcasts.

1 Like

Any recommendations for podcasts about movies?