Amazon. Will it work in Australia?

The live new au site is only for a select few at the moment. From tomorrow the full kit and caboodle comes along.

Brilliant work.

If what I heard on ABC radio this morning is correct, Amazon will pay ZERO tax in Aus. I heard they offshore all profits to Ireland.

If this is true, Amazon can GAGF’d.

I quite like the idea of schools, hospitals and the like. Also the idea corporate behemoths pay their fair share, not just shift the burden onto us wage slaves.

3 Likes

Making out that Black Friday is somehow relevant in Australia?

I got something from Dymocks referring to Black Friday.

Black Friday being the day after Thanksgiving.

1 Like

Can assure you that Black Friday has become a huge day for Australian retailers. Expecting record sales and volumes through the freight networks this year

2 Likes

Are we going to adopt fkn Thanksgiving too now??

Our next Black Friday isn’t until April.

3 Likes

Black Friday in Australian terms, sounds more like a fatal bushfire.

6 Likes

Hopefully they implement the affiliate program, so that Australian podcasters and bloggers can finally make $8 a week for their craft.

1 Like

Black Friday is better than Halloween.

Still nothing new

The article in the Herald Sun re - tax allegedly going to Luxembourg and none here was frustrating to read.

Find all the loopholes and don`t pay tax in Australia ,because you claim your customers

accessed your services through an overseas website . Why do we have laws that allow that sort of activity ? It is unfair on the local retailers as well as all of us who actually pay tax daily .

1 Like

This is a very soft launch. Droopy.

2 Likes

It will work because they will pay no tax

Lol. Like Geriatric Harvey etc aren’t shafting over local suppliers and franchisers.

Hope you enjoy your Herald Sun/foxtel subs who pretty much do the same thing. Ie pay no tax.

I want cheap ■■■■ and i want it now. Especially if it saves me having to deal with washed up 40 year olds that do ■■■■ all at JB HiFi.

1 Like

Living a dream

1 Like

I almost think they’re bringing in these sales just to sell us stuff. Not on my watch!

So…what sort of watch have you bought?