Andrew Gaff - RFA

Not exactly what I asked, mate.
I’m wondering, since you have said that you believe he will stay at WC - whether they said that - or it is an opinion.

It as the opinion of a board member.

He said he was hopeful Gaff would stay - wasn’t definitive but I guess they just don’t know. Sounded to me like someone else besides Essendon was the front runner should he choose to leave

1 Like

I got told their players are openly talking amongst themselves about him going to Essendon. Who knows what the truth is.

13 Likes

Melbourne was the front runner weren’t they. At least until he broke Bradshaw’s jaw. Exactly what Melbourne need to compliment there inside players.

Teams with the strongest links to gaff have been:
WCE - stay home factor
MELB - need class
HAWKS - apparently their no.1 target
ESSENDON - Worsfold and Dodoro
Norf - Warchest

I can see a plea to the AFL to get Gaff to Hawthorn because Gaff wants to go to Essendon and they’re unfairly offering WC more, which is unfair and the AFL need to step in.

2 Likes

Accumulated involuntary contributions from viable clubs.

5 Likes

Although the table should probably be titled Redistribution.

4 Likes

We could merge or gurge Melbourne, North, saints and WBD and I wouldn’t lose any sleep. Competition would be better for it.

2 Likes

Anyone and the Bulldogs.
I’ll dance on their friggin’ grave.

2 Likes

Send one to Tassie, added benefit is Hawthorn looses out.

3 Likes

Yes, yes.
Bulldogs to Tasmania.
St Kilda can merge with them when it fails.
Hawthorn to die without that revenue…

I like it.

2 Likes

Merge Lions and the Sun’s = Qld

Move Giants to Canberra/Country NSW

Merge North & Bulldogs = Western Melb

Merge Saints and Melbourne = Melbourne+

Add a Tassie team

Consider adding a NT team

Now you have a National Competition

3 Likes

Hmmmmmmmm.

Brasha, being a poster with good track record, posts a couple (?) of weeks back saying Sorry, Gaff not happening.

Then post-Brayshaw incident Brasha posts that something seems to have changed and it’s now a possibility that Gaff might be 50/50 about staying at WCE.

EFC strongly deny we are chasing Beams to give clear message to players we are chasing that we have eyes only for them. Obviously to gove reassurance that if they leave their club we are prepared for every scenario to ensure they get to us, and we will not be distracted from that goal.

WCE Board member reportedly has head in the sand and says, no chance Gaff ends up at EFC.

Now reports that WCE players are openly saying Gaff is EFC bound… and this is allegedly occurring even before the season is finished.

I have to say that the circumstantial evidence is promising.

2 Likes

Distribution is correct. There’s a baseline all clubs get (presumably $10.6M), and then there’s extras on top. WCE and Coll etc don’t need that $10M, but they’re getting given it regardless.

The most shocking one on that table for me is the Bulldogs - won a flag 2 years ago, and they’re still in the bottom five? Something is outrageously wrong there.

And, conversely, hard to imagine 5 worse years for Carlton… and they’re still mid pack.

Not really. It’s all 1. hearsay, and 2. open to change.

Without serious corroboration it’s all just more idle speculation.

1 Like

The only reason I mentioned what I did was to show that there are many views out there after Lawry’s post. Normally I wouldn’t even to bother to mention something that speculative.

I’m ■■■■ at this editing caper.

5 Likes

No point taking a balanced approach to hearsay in football-land. :smile:

1 Like