Another Mass Shooting, (Just Another Day) in America

No bump to this thread is good, but this one is just…. Ewww…

Blo0dy yanks.

Literally.

1 Like

And that kids, is how I met your mother.

Wait. So the teenager was in on it? Or was it a kidnapping situation?

I haven’t dug into the details. Think kidnapping.

It’s all good, nothing to see here.

If only more people had guns…everyone would be much safer…wouldn’t they?

2 Likes

Did I read that right. 47,000 dead in a year?
If you ever wanted confirmation that the USA was at war with itself, there it is.

2 Likes

I suppose we should be grateful we don’t have excessive American tourism here in Oz, otherwise we’d all have to buy guns to protect ourselves from the Americans.

2 Likes

It’s very similar to their road death tally (which is roughly twice the Australian amount per capita).

1 Like

Absolutely! If enough of them shoot each other, the country would be extremely safe.

1 Like

Drink driving not the ‘taboo’ it is here. Safety belts are a restriction of freedoms for many also

1 Like

I did a 3 month roadtrip in the USA, and I was more afraid of the roads than I was of getting shot/mugged or anything. So many terrible drivers, almost zero use of indicators, cars just wilfully drifting lanes at high speed in heavy traffic. Driving in peaktime through any major city almost gave me a nervous break down. I had to pull over a few times just to gather myself. You’ve never experienced traffic like it.

3 Likes

Yeah, that was my observation as well.

Have driven in LA and San Jose / SF and didn’t think it was too bad.

3 Likes

Driving around Miami isn’t something I’m eager to do again

and I wasn’t even the driver.

2 Likes

I’ve driven around LA and LA to San Fran and Houston to New Orleans. Don’t recall it being notably bad. Am about to do a road trip in Northern Thailand tho - that may test me!

3 Likes

I had a crazy taxi driver take me to Miami airport.

Swearing all the way on his mobile while speeding and weaving through traffic.

I couldn’t get out of the cab quick enough. Bloody maniac.

1 Like

The strong smell of weed coming from the SUV that passed our car on the highway was enough for me

2 Likes

I’ve driven through most of those places too. I had a shocking morning driving into Houston. Operating gears on right side drive also contributed to my stress. Trying to find affordable parking was a nightmare also. I think I got ticketed for illegal parking in about 5 cities, unpaid. I wonder if theres a warrant for my arrest 10 years later if I ever go back to any of those states? That said I see no reason to ever revisit Arkansas or Oklahoma ever again.

1 Like