Another Mass Shooting, (Just Another Day) in America

Did he ask you if you were talkin’ to him??

2 Likes

I believe he said “one day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets.”

1 Like

December first. I gotta get in shape. Too much shitposting has ruined my body. Too much online abuse has gone on for too long. From now on there will be 50 informative posts each morning, 50 kind remarks. There will be no more nastyness, no more bad vibes, no more destroyers of my online reputation. From now on there will be total organization. Every post must be tight.

2 Likes

The best taxi driver I had was in Beijing. He did over 100kmh around corners, driving over the kerb past stationary traffic. While having a ■■■. No worries.

2 Likes

Good for you! Even better if you add: every promise must be kept.

One of these days I’m going to get organizized.

Best taxi driver I had was in Nairobi - swinging hard around the corner in his rust-bucket and the passenger door fell off.

5 Likes

I jumped in a mini cab outside a club many years ago on my first day in London. The driver asked if I minded waiting while he rolled his spliff.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if I want to know what word has been censored here.

2 Likes

I drove from New York to San Francisco in 2010 - NYC, Syracuse, Niagara, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Hannibal, St Louis, Springfield MO, Oklahoma City, Amarillo, Santa Fe, Flagstaff, Barstow, Bakersfield, Sacramento, SF…and in general, disagree with the comments about American drivers being impolite, etc,

In Missouri in particular, driving from Hannibal to Springfield was through torrential rain. Absolutely no obstructiveness.

St Louis then Hannibal was because we wanted to visit Mark Twain’s home and didn’t realise how far upstream it was…if you call the Mississippi a stream.

And generally found a lot of Route 66 tedious…kitschy diners, motels and souvenir shops…once you’ve seen a couple…

2 Likes

Did you mind waiting while he rolled a spliff?

1 Like

Of course I didn’t mind. Who am I to mess with the traditions of a foreign land?

6 Likes

If you want fun give driving in the UAE a go. I love it and always get a hire car when we are there but my wife refuses to drive and is absolutely scared of the driving.
6 lane highways in Abu Dhabi emirate with a speed limit of 160km/h with speed camera tolerance of 20km/h so you end up with everyone doing 180 and most likely they are having a dart or talking on their mobile whilst weaving through traffic without indicating and tailgating only a couple of feet behind you. We just had another few weeks there and I swear the drivers get worse each time we are there but I have the poor hire car a decent workout :rofl:

I’m happy to see what a respectful tourist you are

1 Like

Turkey has the wildest drivers I’ve ever been unlucky enough to be in a car with.

They love to drive one wheel either side either side of the white line.

one guy tried to convince me that using lights at night would flatten his battery, so he’d use the lights just as required.

2 Likes

Add Hong Kong to the list when it comes to non-use of indicators.

I’ve given in Rome. Never ■■■■■■■ again.

Czech Rep, they’ll overtake you on the left and right on a single lane Rd at the same time.

A friend’s cousin was driving us through the Swiss Alps once. European Winter, narrow, icy roads winding up and down mountains, the car was a manual and left-hand-drive as most are in that part of the world. This guy had one hand on the gear stick, the other hand holding his mobile up to his ear, and was steering with his knees and elbows.

1 Like

Boy, 10, shot mum dead because she refused to make Amazon purchase, police say | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

1 Like