Another Mass Shooting, (Just Another Day) in America

One of my neighbors was very vocal about not having any of “his” taxes pay for other people’s healthcare etc. I always wanted to ask him about who he thought funded the roads he drove on, the schools he went to, and the fire dept and police he so loved.

5 Likes

thats repugnant

3 Likes

If that were a part for a sci-fi story thirty years ago, you’d have gone, ‘geez, that’s a little dark…’

5 Likes

I hope the parents have given their children bullet proof backpacks, coz otherwise it’ll be their fault if the kids are shot.

1 Like

Why are they getting their kids trained by Xi?

2 Likes

What, a 4 day break from mass killings ?

So we are back to the US SNAFU situation now.
An active shooter has shot 9 people on a boardwalk in Hollywood Beach FLA.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1663337777210195968

1 Like

Nikki Haley on how she would prevent mass shootings: “We should make sure there’s the clear bulletproof tape that we have at courthouses and airports, we should have that at our schools to protect them.” (She doesn’t propose new gun restrictions.)

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1665523284862021637?s=20

I’m pretty sure there is an easier solution out there

3 Likes

“You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing after they have tried everything else”

We’ll know we’re getting towards the bottom of the barrel when someone proposes every school kid gets given a government-provided set of ballistic body armour to wear to school, only to be shouted down by someone yelling “why should my taxes pay for protecting your kid from being shot at school?!”.

3 Likes

South Dakota Governor telling the public her 2yo grandchild has a rifle and a gun.
She will be ready when it’s needed.
The family would be wise to keep the ammo locked away in the interim

2 Likes

Just you know it, it will happen.

Toe the line Nikki.

Hmm, maybe they can stick that tape onto the kids’ school uniforms to make them bullet proof

1 Like

My four-year-old has autism. He has no idea about what is right or wrong. He constantly picks up toy guns and tries to shoot everybody all the time. it’s even got to the stage where the staff in the childcare centre are getting quite alarmed at how much she wants to shoot them and the other kids. He turns everything into a gun.
It frightens me to think that if I was an American, Who didn’t really lock up his ammunition and rifles, then my son would’ve shot the whole family already. It kinda shows you how easily these type of things could happen.

2 Likes

I’m not going to pretend to have any insight on your lovely son. But if it makes you feel better, I refused to allow my boys to have toy guns and they would spend hours scouring the property for ‘good sticks’ which they would either A. Shoot either each other or anyone in the vicinity with or B. Engage in horrifying sword fights with.
Up until the age of around 7 ’ good sticks’ appeared on every Santa list.

Now as fully grown adults they’re delightfully well adjusted young men.

6 Likes

When a child sees other kids with water pistols and pop guns or vid games or TV cartoons , how is any child to know whether it’s wrong to aim at others? And it’s a hard task for a parent to explain when it’s OK and not OK.

1 Like

I guess it’s better than teaching them to shoot back!

18 Likes