Another non-rival crushed - review those Norf losers

Pretty sure they were just hanging out with and posing for a photo with one of their mates.

4 Likes

I reckon lav should try the ben Brown run up.

Great win.

Horrible skills. Fix that or it won’t matter if we make the eight or not.

Fark those shinboner sniping tossers. Off the ball and late contact doesn’t make you tough. Hope you’re all bleeding this morning. Season over, flogs.

9 Likes

You just know he’ll get called to play on as its one of the rules introduced because of essendon; that is, over 30 seconds to take a shot.

Watched the game when i could during the afternoon, however I watched the last Qtr in bed with my two young lads. That’s a bonding experience right there, and if they weren’t ardent Bomber supporters before, I’ve completely brain washed them now.

The eldest loves Stringer, because he’s a freak and dad loves him, the youngest loves Walla but was being contrary (5yo) and supporting the Roos at times - he didnt realise how annoying it was it how close he was to being grounded and tied to his bed…

Que Walla with 21 seconds to go followed by the anthonymcdonaldtipungwutiplaysfooty video.

Brain washing complete, although they’ll get their membership packs in the next week or so to seal the deal.

10 Likes

:grin::grin:

1 Like

Watching the replay in the cold light of day as we had friends over last night (who were barracking the Bombers on)
Great finish from Tippaaaaaa and result aside the thing that’s crept up on me these last few close wins is that it’s our younger / post Saga generation that’s got us over the line demonstrating a maturity not seen previously

8 Likes

Woke up still steaming and watched the replay.

Check bank account and I’ve drunkenly purchased a Tippa shirt from the Carlton draft.

All time great win. Loved it. Never want to experience it again.

6 Likes

It’s just tragic to see someone having to stoop to such levels to ask for a few dollars of change

The guy’s homeless, and spent all day begging for it, let him keep it!

2 Likes

Can confirm it was the north membership dept.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see Barrett on the 9 Footy show this morning, I hope they give it to him.

2 Likes

In the second quarter ( I think it was) Redman coughed up a kick across goal to B Brown who subsequently couldn’t make the distance from 40 mtrs out from a set shot. I thought that up until that point Redman was pretty quiet and then he was going to be in for a dirty day. The B Brown miss let him off the hook and he improved his game immensely from that point on.

Some of Redman’s chases and tackles were outstanding, particularly the ones where he got a couple of htb decisions go his way as North were out otherwise and looking likely to score.

Redman, I believe, epitomizes this new found never-say-die spirit that the young guys like Parish, McGrath, McKenna and to a lesser extent Langford have shown this last 5-6 weeks of lifting when they’re down early in a game and contributing some important bits of play when it’s needed.

Just a terrific effort from these guys. It’s almost as if they’re channeling the '93 team’s h & a season now.

11 Likes

Woke up and still buzzing from the win. What a rollercoaster of emotions it was in the final 2 mins. Behind on the scoreboard and seeing a few dumb kicks into our forward line being easily marked, I thought it was going to be another heartbreaking loss. Then to s.natch it at the death… I cheered so loudly with fists pumping!

Last time experiencing that explosion of emotion and relief was just 2 weeks ago against GWS. Really feel that the youngsters are building towards something special.

2 Likes

And just on B Brown’s game, as good as he was for them last night with 6,1, before anyone in the media go full retard on how good he was and try and downplay our win, he also cost North the game with at least three stuff ups of his own.

The first stuff up was his failure to reach the distance from 40 out from a set shot in the second quarter after a gift from Redman.

The second stuff up was his out the back dribbler from the top of the goalsquare on the run in the third quarter.

The last one that I can remember was in the final quarter when they were all over us and he had a set shot from the pocket on the 50 mtr arc and tried to kick the cover off the ball which he shanked horribly OOBOTF. That was a bit of selfish play for his team as if he didn’t think he could score the goal he just needed to set it up to the hot spot at the top of the square to hive their other forwards a chance.

But then again Stringer and Tippa were scoring them out of their backsides all night so it probably all evens out but still…STUFF NORF!!!

But that shirt is too big. I reckon he pinched it off the nieghbours washing line along with his jocks.

Harsh on Brown who was top 2 on the ground yesterday. More blame should be directed at other wise heads like Thompson and Tarrant who both marked in the final 2 minutes and rather than chip it around or go down the line chose to kick towards the flanks. And what the heck was that hack kick from Atley in the dying moments that went to Francis in the middle of the ground

4 Likes

Should be a team rule if we’re in front or trying to stem bleeding

Well played Mr Hooker

23 Likes

We are a fighting team. Three in a row by less than 10 points. Proud of them, with so many key players out, and still fighting on. They have won respect.
Great day at the footy yesterday. Crazy scenes in the last 20 seconds. And the noise!

3 Likes

That was Atley doing what Atley has always done under any sort of pressure, real or implied.
As an opposition supporter you want the ball with Atley Pittard or McMillan in defence.

2 Likes