Anticipatory Chat - Bombers v Budgies - Thursday 21st June at Optus Stadium

Famous last words …

Wob will at least have a huge cheesy smile on his face and one finger sticking up in the air.

Just dropped 100 on us at 4.30

Why do I do this

10 Likes

Scenario 1: McGovern will take three intercept marks in the first 15 minutes. quarter. Coach puts Hooker forward and he gets us back into the game. McGovern has little impact as our small forwards run amok.
Scenario 2: McGovern takes intercept marks all day. Coach puts Hooker forward in the final quarter when the game is done and dusted.
I’m going with Scenario 1. Dons by 29

1 Like

Because you will be $430 richer!

If McGovern runs amok it’s because our midfield is getting beaten or we can’t transition the ball out of defence and our forwards are getting drawn up the ground. Simply moving our best defender forward isn’t going to stop that.

Hopefully we learnt from the Richmond game and we lower the eyes and think about where we kick it in our forward 50. We also have to be brave and trust each other with our ball movement and move it quickly and decisively. When we’ve don’t his we have looked a very different side.

And… when we have a gettable set shot…we actually kick the goal.

2 Likes

We’ve come in significantly with the punters over the last 24+ hours: from $5.00 to $4.00 on CrownBet.

Into 3.90 at TABtouch over here, because I put us into a draw for the Socceroos tonight

1 Like

Based on the last 21/2 years , the coach will not make either move. Hooker himself will decide to move forward. He has done it before and will do it again. Remember the Hawthorn game, he did it in the last, when the game was there to be won.

1 Like

Firstly, that was under a different coaching group, secondly he was executing the coaches gameplan by following his opponent there and keeping even numbers and thirdly he didn’t start playing as a forward until later that season

Sheeds and Fletch (and Josh Kennedy) are going to be at Empire Bar from 4pm. Was originally headed to the Camfield pre-game but this has swayed me.

1 Like

Empire is a hole

1 Like

Hahaha! Love it WOB

Imagine we get up.

Better value than driving the nullabor for Anzac Day this year even if we don’t!

1 Like

Agree with all that, I would still be surprised if Worsfold made a significant positional change like that in a match, but I would support him if he actually did.

No Priddis, No Mitchell = No Eagles

…at least…that’s what I thought at the start of the year.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen them play this year. Can anyone tell me if they are in fact the real deal?

1 second after the opening bounce.

That’s like 3.5 Export blocks.

1 Like

I think those odds are very attractive