ANZAC Day build up and changes

Raz’s output last week was only:

11 possessions. 6 tackles. 1goal.

Even so we had Port on toast at one point by over 40points and if not for some very poor turnovers likely would have gone on to big win.

Raz was building to better form but even the most staunch anti Jerrett blitzers could see that he should be able to provide a similar impact.

I doubt we will disrupt the defence & midfield that worked so well last week to be adding McNiece to defence, McGrath to mid and Smith/Parish/Zaka fwd. Far simpler to go “like for like”

1 Like

Yep I agree with this. If they’re adding a defender McNeice is really the only available option unless they want to go with the untried Redman.

I’m actually interested in seeing Jerrett have one last shot.

3 Likes

I respectfully disagree with this.
Fantasia brings a lot to our forward structure that isn’t encapsulated in his stats. Add to that he has infinitely more skill than Jerrett and is far more capable of producing on the big stage. Jerrett is a jobber, he may be able to come in and fill a jobber role but he won’t come close to providing the same impact that Fantasia can or could.

You’re talking about a bloke who kicked ~40 goals last year and would’ve set up just as many and him be replaced by a 7 year jobber from the VFL.

4 Likes

Don’t add a ■■■■■■■ defender, go midfielders

1 Like

This. We are fine for defenders*

*as long as hooker is back

1 Like

Bring in Clarke and play an extra around the contest, It’s the area we are most deficient in, Play 1 less up forward and lower the eyes.

I know full well Raz is a million miles better & would be smarter in running patterns & draw a better defender.

But yes it’s simply about playing a role /‘jobber’

Redman or Merrett in a defensive forward role. The other option Clarke or Langford to allow an extra man around the contest.
Not sure the priority, stop the inside or outside? Whichever allows us getting an edge in the air. I think if we slow it down we get the advantage. Got to force them into kicking.

2 Likes

Not true, you can catch public transport to Tulla.

901 bus from Terminal 4, get off at Broadmeadows station, train to the city, total travel time about 45 - 50 minutes for about $11. Get off at Flinders Street walk to G

2 Likes

Oh wow.

How good is that commentary on McGrath vs Stephenson! That’s a huge plus for us.

9 Likes

Didn’t Fanta kick 5 vs the pies in the 2nd one last year? Would play him on one leg just for the intimidation factor.

2 Likes

While Jake said he’s loving being a Bomber and was excited as fk* about A Day last night …( *To my son, … may not have been his exact words …)

Alright after reading Shawry’s article I’m fired up.

Immediate words come to mind ala this bloke when he says “Then to come out & pump these …”

Hope we do again!

Warning: NSFW

Walking out of the G last year I was def in complete agreeance with him! Not a blitzer is it? Ha!

23 Likes

I’m all for rewarding performance.
but lets be honest, if jackson wasn’t zacs brother he wouldn’t even be on our list.
his perceived form in the vfl against crappy opposition is just irrelevant.

We brought in a kid last week for his first game, and looked what happened. we need to do the same this week.
not go backwards and use a player who won’t improve at afl level, won’t do much on the day, and has a very good chance of stinking it up disposal wise.
we already have hepp hurley and zaka for that, we don’t need to be adding another definate to the turnover over/■■■■ disposal list.

1 Like

Was emergency numerous times in 2017 based on solid VFL form.

In saying that if we had a kid who was viable option for that role we’d likely play them. But we don’t.

We didn’t draft any quick hard running small fwds last year or in previous years much to Benfti’s ire!

Only other consideration is potentially playing McNeice fwd but he hasn’t done one iota of fwd play since coming to the club so I doubt they’d do it.

If Colyer was fit he’d be in also, that’s if he wasn’t already, and thus Begley prob would be coming in.

Depth is there for this very reason

Uh oh. My brain is fried. I think I agree with DKP. What the actual faaaarrrrkkk?

1 Like

Might be time for a Blitz break if that’s happening … :laughing:

Shaw reckon’s we’ll win by virtue of Collingwood not kicking straight… Risky strategy…

I don’t actually know anymore

1 Like