ANZAC Day Review thread

I thought that Wells kick hit the post at the time. Problem was that the video wasn’t clear.

2 Likes

I had a guy in my area complaining about Goddard the whole game. Finally I turned to him and said - “he’s the key reason we’re still in the game, mate, give it a rest”.

8 Likes

Just watch Scotty Lucas review the game! Collingwood vs Essendon,the one of the reason ,why,Collingwood got back in the game ,was Essendon sloppy handballing in wet conditions,he Scotty Lucas elaborated on, One of the reason why we lost against Carlton

1 Like

Watching the replay Goddard is a fkn genius

His plan had one angle “Stand in front of Pendles”

The ball just kept being tapped/given to him.

4 Likes

He’s been stellar, particularly when the team’s had flat patches (cough, first quarters, cough) he’s put his hand up.

3 Likes

You must be shattered

2 Likes

Too bad you don’t have the same sort of sympathy for disabled people, sorry ‘cripples’ as you call them.

7 Likes

lyn also said scotty said the reason we lost last week was because the team were cowards.

5 Likes

I’m watching the replay now: at what point does Baguley turn to ■■■■ and should retire immediately? There’s 5 mins to go in the first quarter.

1 Like

Definitely relief. I was still edgy at 20 minutes in the last. We still weren’t enough up to be comfortable. Especially after we should have put them away in the first quarter and a half. Just wanted the win, but the team showed a lot in the last quarter especially. Little things falling into place.

1 Like

3/4 time.

I miss when we had decent troll accounts like Fonz101

1 Like

Classic tune.

Who the fk are you, and what have you done to our rosso???

2 Likes

Yep agree with that & glad somebody else saw Hurley’s game the same as I did. I was starting to wonder if I was marking him too hard or possibly just missed his impact. The kick ins are a massive issue & while I’m assuming a big part has to be the coaching, it seems like Hurley in particular doesn’t often look at other options. We kicked it straight to the spot where Collingwood had its best players time & time & time again. Go back & watch the Carlton game & we did the same thing. Its sooo mind numbingly frustrating & worse than being predictable, it failed over & over again. The midfield’s pace issues contribute to the problem but I’d like to see us at least try something different. Have the ruckman & JD/Hooker run out to the members stand side like we’d done the last 5 kickouts but then have a few designated guys who fall off that pack & break back towards the middle. It won’t always work but its a far sight better than delivering the ball right to the oppositions best players.

4 Likes

Just doing the Stasi’s bidding. The AFL had the script written at the time of “The Deal”, and it was enough for Hirdy to sacrifice himself and take it for the good of the club, It was the act that led Burnside to call him one of the best* people he’d dealt with in all his legal time.

Now they are delivering through their Pravda like media minions…

.* Stuffed if I can remember the actual quote right now …

There was one kick in where Hooker had snuck to the 60m line on the boundary on his own. A kick there at least gets a throw in and a 50/50 ball at worst. Instead it’s kicked a further 25m in to where JD, Grundy and another Collingwood tall were, it’s brought down to ground and their smalls grab it and kick it back in. It was so stupid.

Sorry for embedding my own tweet (I don’t know how to upload video) but this was the moment of the game for me.

14 Likes

I had a tenner on Tippa ( not a bad name for a band that) for the medal. Would’ve paid 500. I thought he was no chance and was about to cash out when he made “that” tackle. If he had snagged a goal or two I think that would have tipped ( pun!) the scales.

I reckon he should have won it. The Anzac medal goes to the player considered to best exemplify the Anzac spirit – skill, courage, self-sacrifice, teamwork and fair play. That player was Walla. Joey was the best but Walla should have won the medal.

7 Likes