ANZAC Day review- Welcome Back Essington

Looks like with our intent to hold possession and defend well, we’ve forgotten what its really all about. The ability to kick a winning score.

Collingwood did well to close down the switch across the ground which meant the mids / defs had nothing but contests to kick the ball to which is not what our game plan is designed to achieve. Once this happens you could feel it minute after minute how it was just going to fall apart the wrong way.

Even when we were down by 20 with 10 to go we didn’t know how to attack more aggressively!

I can’t see how our current game plan will get us a winning score. A tweak is required.

Highlight was obviously Fletchers drop punt from the centre square.

played one quarter of wet weather footy, it was our best.

can’t remember a game where i have seen so many of our guys slipping over, melk in particular.

tbell’s best work always seemed to be to the pies advantage, is he missing his tap zones or are the mids?

pies did a very good job of slowing us down by not letting us play on and covering our short options. We needed to change things up and go longer.

looked best in the 2nd qtr when we pushed a spare up to the contest and hacked it forward.

how the hell carlisle misses two weeks in a row from 15 meters out is beyond me. it ■■■■■ me more that i fully expected him to miss.

hepp is amazing but there were a few times where he went for balls which he should have left for a teammate and it caused a fumble.

the entire comp will look pretty closely at that game and go, ‘oh yeah, deny them uncontested marks, stop them playing on’.

we didn’t play too smart today.

we rely a little too heavily on colyer to try and run and break the game up.

midfield depth being tested

Bit early I know, but is Bellcho potential trade bait for a gun mid?

Smack would’ve been more competitive in the wet

Why did we assume the style of play that didn’t work in the first quarter might at some point work later in the day?

Thought Grundy played well. Tom needs to lift.

Bellchambers out Giles in.

Have we never been through a wet weather football situation or planned for these conditions? I cannot understand the decision making today. The message from the box was either very poor or the players were way ahead of themselves. On talent we crap all over that side. ■■■■■■ disappointing

Put the ■■■■■■ sprinklers on and start teaching the team how to play in wet. After all it is a wet weather sport. Collingwood made us look second rate and; we were. No more excuses and stop talking about playing finals until we can play four quarters.

Wet weather football = don’t over finesse and kick it long.

Time for us to go back to pre-school.

Losing to such a shiit team makes me want to vomit.

Perhaps we only train on the MCG size oval if it’s dry.

played one quarter of wet weather footy, it was our best.

can’t remember a game where i have seen so many of our guys slipping over, melk in particular.

tbell’s best work always seemed to be to the pies advantage, is he missing his tap zones or are the mids?

pies did a very good job of slowing us down by not letting us play on and covering our short options. We needed to change things up and go longer.

looked best in the 2nd qtr when we pushed a spare up to the contest and hacked it forward.

how the hell carlisle misses two weeks in a row from 15 meters out is beyond me. it ■■■■■ me more that i fully expected him to miss.

hepp is amazing but there were a few times where he went for balls which he should have left for a teammate and it caused a fumble.

the entire comp will look pretty closely at that game and go, ‘oh yeah, deny them uncontested marks, stop them playing on’.

we didn’t play too smart today.

we rely a little too heavily on colyer to try and run and break the game up.

midfield depth being tested

Yep.

They covered the corridor well too. Buckley did his homework.

Thought Grundy played well. Tom needs to lift.

I thought Grundy was, and has always been, rubbish.

And he comfortably accounted for Billchambers.

The scary thing about all this is look back to last year’s post game thread and the comments would be pretty similar IMO. I distinctly remember this time last year that I hated Carlisle forward as he provided nothing most of the time and thinking that Bellchambers was a lazy player. We’ve been stuck in this mediocre rut for so long now and while other teams seem to improve or fade away we always seem to be poised for that breakout year that never happens.

So freaking sick of it.

I thought Gleeson was good today, people will focus on a few turnovers that he made, but at least he took on the game and contest when there were players who stood back.

If you call dumb footy good then fine he played well. It was a pressure game in the wet and he tried to dance around and feness the handball. Poor game.

Not alone by any stretch, so disappointing.

We need to bring back Myers, Cooney, Hocking stat!

Sick of us not turning up on the big occasions - can’t win a final and seem to crumble in this game every year.

One of the worst performances I’ve witnessed. Terrible.

Out coached. Nothing more nothing less. Poor selection and game plan. No moves when required. 100 possessions with zero meters gained.

meh as others have said, same ■■■■ different week/year.

This game was lost well before today. Was lost last week when last weeks performance was not deemed unacceptable.
If you continue to allow a team that doesn’t turn up prepared both psyhically and mentally, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

12 of collingwoods players today had under 50 games, and that side made ours who pushed sydney and beat hawthorn look 3 divison under 12 level today. IT’s ■■■■■■■ pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

I just want to know, when will the club learn ? from board, to coaches to players to supporters, when will you all learn that this is not acceptable ?

Get rid of that dinky Richmond like game plan!

I actually thought of Richmond during our game

bruise free girly football.

Need too toughen up, last year our contested ball was ■■■■, it has continued again.

Our forwardline is fine, it’s our ■■■■■■ midfield that is not playing great footy, they lose the clearances, and contested ball and bomb it in the forwardline. Harvey said just kick it to advantage, well bombing in long is not to advantage.

Not a single positive from that bar Fletch’s goal

I’d rather bring in McKernan for TBell, we need more at ground level around the stoppages and from what I’ve seen of him he is very competitive on the ground. Stinker if shame, no good players at all