Anzac Day Tickets

OK thanks, I will maybe give the club a call tomorrow to find out what my code is.

Really don’t want to miss out on my first Anzac Day!

Does anyone know if ticketek will release more tickets to club members tomorrow before it goes to general public on Friday?

I got level 1 behind the goals at 12.03pm, then tried again but couldn’t process the order because the level 1 seats were saved/allocated to my membership in “offers”. Took 20 mins to figure out the problem and by that stage ended up in Ponsford BB. The whole process is unclear and unhelpful. Oh, very user friendly website too.

Will be trying for better GA seats on Friday.

Got my barcode today and it seems only level 4 or level 4 goals are avaliable. Everything else is exhausted.
Will any better tickets become avaliable or should i a ■■■■■■ a ticket up now?

M4 = lid off bay. They secretly wanted me in the active area zone

From the MCG’s twitter:

@MCG: UPDATE: Public tickets all sold for Anzac Day. Restricted view and standing room on sale April 21 at 9am. @CollingwoodFC @EssendonFC @AFL

Hope we got most of them…

Got 4 nosebleed era for the family.

But seriously, when you are fist in line, and the ticketek person in Queensland doesn’t believe you that it’s daylight savings in melbourne, doesn’t know what a ‘wing’ means, asks you to complete a survey before they complete the transaction, it’s any wonder the guy who was second in line didn’t get tix.

Sure it’s the hottest ticket in town, but it’s ridiculous process.

I got a seat in the nosebleeds, but will be standing grogsquadside anyway.

Quoted Post

Got 4 nosebleed era for the family.

But seriously, when you are fist in line, and the ticketek person in Queensland doesn’t believe you that it’s daylight savings in melbourne, doesn’t know what a ‘wing’ means, asks you to complete a survey before they complete the transaction, it’s any wonder the guy who was second in line didn’t get tix.

Sure it’s the hottest ticket in town, but it’s ridiculous process.

Online is the only way to go these days (assuming you have access). Cuts out all the extraneous crap.

Doesn’t guarantee better seats, though.

Quoted Post

When it says 'best available', what it actually means is 'best we are willing to offer you right now'.

Bang!!

ie the best available to you

Got seats on half-forward flank. Ground level M24, Row F. AFL membership has its benefits.

But you also sell your soul for an AFL membership

Quoted Post

Silly comment.

Everyone should have the type of membership that best suits their circumstances, irrespective of external factors.

I forgot to call for tickets when I remembered at 12.05 all seats sold. Kicking myself now for not setting the alarm. Its not that hard.

Next year I will probably buy the type of membership that guarantees a seat at that match, instead of GA home and away.

I believe there is still a chance, on 21/4 so I guess I will wait for that and set the alarm this time. I quite enjoy standing in the grog squad , actually.

If all else fails, I have a very large screen TV, but its still just not the same.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Silly comment.

Everyone should have the type of membership that best suits their circumstances, irrespective of external factors.

Sorry. No way I would buy an AFL membership.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Silly comment.

Sorry. No way I would buy an AFL membership.
Fair comment but neither should existing AFL members be expected to give their membership away if that heavily compromises the way they attend games. Heresy I know but an EFC membership doesn't suit everyone.

Then Essendon should be addressing this need. CalDon can you describe what features the AFL membership has, that the current EFC membership does not offer?

Leave aside guaranteed GF ticket. If I was a purist Aussie Rules follower and wanted to watch a GF, then maybe. How many are purists without club allegiance?

Quoted Post
Silly comment.

Agree.
And if you’re an Essendon supporter, you should really think about an ISIS or Al Quaeda or Carlton membership before thinking about giving money to those ■■■■■■ at the AFL.