Apple's Latest

Yes, recommend.

Did my IPhone 4 over 2 years ago and still going strong.
Would have cost 6 bucks max, and they also include the tiny screw driver.

From memory, the connector is a bit fiddly, but shouldn’t take you too long.

Tablets are dead tech crunch has pronounced.

And toms guide backs it with numbers

In the first version of this thread BC (before crash) after the launch of the first Note I proclaimed, with much argument from many in here that we would see the day that what was then called a phablet would become the singular device of choice and apple needed to move with the times and increase the size of the iPhone screen. People called me all kinds of cray cray. Doe in particular refused to accept that it would even be a remote possibility.

In 2016 the phablet rules all, and it’s just a phone now.

wifi only tablets for my kids, they sure and sh*t aren’t getting a phone.

Yes, recommend.

Yeah, agreed. If you are remotely handy you can do it. Watch a number of youtube clips on how to do it first. Use the video for reference as you go…and take your time, don’t rush.

I have replaced many different batteries, screens and memory for all sorts of pdas, phones, tablets, ipods/ipads over the years. The costs of buying and shipping the replacement parts through ebay is much cheaper than taking it to someone else to do it.

However, if you aren’t confident or have ham fists and can’t see then you should take it to someone else to do it.

Tablets are dead tech crunch has pronounced. http://techcrunch.com/2016/02/25/tablets-are-dead/

In the first version of this thread BC (before crash) after the launch of the first Note I proclaimed, with much argument from many in here that we would see the day that what was then called a phablet would become the singular device of choice and apple needed to move with the times and increase the size of the iPhone screen. People called me all kinds of cray cray. Doe in particular refused to accept that it would even be a remote possibility.

Well aren’t you just marvelous.
Benstradamus.

Tablets are dead tech crunch has pronounced. http://techcrunch.com/2016/02/25/tablets-are-dead/

Benstradamus.

Thanks boot.

Benstradamus.

Thanks boot.

I loves ya ben.
You know that.

Benstradamus.

Thanks boot.

I loves ya ben.
You know that.

“Good call by me”?

True

Why do the FBI think this guy would go about his terrorist business on his work phone, which his work has control of, and not his personal phone which he destroyed on the day.

Something sounds ■■■■■■ up to me.

Yes, recommend.

Yeah, agreed. If you are remotely handy you can do it. Watch a number of youtube clips on how to do it first. Use the video for reference as you go…and take your time, don’t rush.

I have replaced many different batteries, screens and memory for all sorts of pdas, phones, tablets, ipods/ipads over the years. The costs of buying and shipping the replacement parts through ebay is much cheaper than taking it to someone else to do it.

However, if you aren’t confident or have ham fists and can’t see then you should take it to someone else to do it.

Thanks guys, will give it a go.

maybe there's the opportunity for invention - a blue tooth 'dongle' and battery unit you plug your existing headphones into.

That sounds much much much easier than just having the plug that’s been standard on millions of devices for 30 years. Elegant!

Which one - USB, micro USB, USB-A, mini-USB, mini-micro-maxi USB, USB 3.0? And I’d suggest 20 years would be tops for widespread use of USB.

3.5mm stereo headphone jack.

Standard at least on tape Walkmans (early 80s??), my folks had one banging around when I was growing up - so 30, 35 years.

New Macbook twice as fast. Just a second Type C USB would be enough. No dice…

Still want a refresh of the 11 inch Air, I love mine, it’s just from 2011 and so ■■■■■■■ slow.

New Macbook twice as fast. Just a second Type C USB would be enough. No dice...

Still want a refresh of the 11 inch Air, I love mine, it’s just from 2011 and so ■■■■■■■ slow.

I get a bit depressed every time I use my 13" air. My phone haa more pixels

Brilliant story this. Victorian to boot!

Anyone got An iPhone SE?

Anyone got An iPhone SE?

I was going to get one as I was looking to buy my first iPhone a tad over a month ago, having had Android my whole life up until that point.

I actually ordered one from Apple and everything but cancelled it due to it taking between 2-3 weeks to ship!

I ended up getting an iPhone 6s Plus instead from Ozmobile (cheapest I could find for an outright purchase).

Apparently the SE is the same as 6s and 6s Plus except smaller, without as fast acting Touch ID and lower resolution.

Anyone got An iPhone SE?

I was going to get one as I was looking to buy my first iPhone a tad over a month ago, having had Android my whole life up until that point.

I actually ordered one from Apple and everything but cancelled it due to it taking between 2-3 weeks to ship!

I ended up getting an iPhone 6s Plus instead from Ozmobile (cheapest I could find for an outright purchase).

Apparently the SE is the same as 6s and 6s Plus except smaller, without as fast acting Touch ID and lower resolution.

hopefully by the time my current plan ends they give it an updated screen fingerprint scanner.

Don’t even bother with apple earphones. Bought some rha ma750i and holy ■■■■ man listening experience is off chops.