Apple's Latest

Mine’s okay. I don’t think it lasts quite as long as it used to but it’s nothing major. I got a couple of apps that are supposed to assess battery health and they say it’s pretty good. I’ll get a new battery mostly as a precaution.

After spending the last month in sweaty SE Asia (well, except for a few pockets that have had the decency to acknowledge it is the depths of winter)… I am quite happy to move from fingerprint to facial identification. So annoying failing three times and then entering the code.

2 Likes

“Battery Life” is a decent app to test battery strength. My 6 battery was very worn down before I replaced it prior to this trip.

Why on earth would @theDJR have a worn out battery on his phone?

Hard to imagine.

5 Likes

wiping the old backup did the trick.

Thanks DM!

1 Like

Nice! Glad that worked mate.

Looks like a refresh coming up for MacBook Pro this week.

Just in time for EOFY, and my 2010 model in its last legs.

I’m sick and tired of being asked for my Apple ID password every 5 minutes, and being constantly hounded to switch to 2 factor authentication. Not to mention another update every time I go to the desktop

1 Like

That iCloud keychain thing?

An absolute mess, like everything else to do with iCloud.

I get locked out of my iCloud everytime I refuse to enter the password on the MacBook air every 4 months when I check if it still works

spare a thought for smythy if he used iCloud

1 Like

Spare a thought for the apple genius that’s have to deal with him

2 Likes

My wife had the great fortune many years ago to snag *firstname"@me.com. Fortune turned to burdon as her email is constantly misused by mornons, spammed by charlatans and contacted by children and the elderly.

Her inbox daily can reach into the 100’s. Her icloud account is locked DAILY, multiple times daily because of the misuse from others. iChat is now disabled as to the random calls she would get throughout the day and night.

We’ve contacted apple many times in the first year of these issues. Apples response, sign up for a new email address. Pathetic. And typical to be fair from them.

Surely there must be a better way of protecting accounts from being locked. Banning IP’s to specific email address’s for multiple abuses should be Apples first response, instead it’s lock the victims account.

I wonder is steve jobs account got locked every time someone tried to log into [email protected]. I somewhat doubt it.

2 Likes

I have an apple laptop and an iPhone, and I don’t use iCloud at all. Google Drive all the way.

Doesn’t 2factor protect against this?

Oh for sure. It’s just my good sounding email is like above. FirstNameInitialSurname@icloud works well because I cbf changing so many email names from that stupid one you make in highschool

1 Like

I haven’t had any problems at all with iCloud for about 3 years. Earlydoors it struggled with database apps . Don’t know why s10 is getting asked for his password. I only get asked if you’d expect to be asked…new apps etc. Never on updates.

And it links the iPhone, iMac and iPad together perfectly.

Contact apple. Mrs Doe did it for an iTunes issue and they fixed it.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/contact

you can do online chat or phone them. (61) 1-300-365-083

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to, my wife remembers her recovery key by heart now.

You have to own up, now.

I’ll be disappointed if it doesn’t have 69 in it.