Appliance Buying Guide: What's good and stuff

Sound bars, entry level up to ~$500?

Go.

i bought a q70roff a family friend for 400 (used about a month) before they decided to get a full 7.2 surround system. not helpful for new things but it sounds good, connects to everything I have (apple tv, tv, computer and phone for music).

Nice. Cheers barnz

Dishwashers…

We need to replace our 20 year old Bosch, just doesn’t clean & the way it did when the Bombers were a functioning football club.

Any clues, advice?

Wait till the Dons are functioning again, and maybe it will come good again.

or can’t you wait that long?

2 Likes

Ive never heard anyone buy one that hasnt gone on to see them last for ages to be honest!

I would pay a little bit more for a 5 star energy and 5 star water model. Just to save in running costs.

Probably recoup any premium you otherwise pay.

My washing machine died this morning…went into Good Guys and grabbed a Bosch front-loader 9kg jobby for $1220 plus $99 for delivery, installation and removal.

Had the Fisher and Paykel 13 years.

Nobody can wait that long…

It’s time.

We just replaced out hot water system after 20 years, so we way in front.

Good idea re 5 star energy & water, will do.

Was gonna ask this very question right now👍

1 Like

Kettle lid broke off, told Mrs about the Aldi special, sent her down.

Apparently doesn’t start til Saturday…grumpy wife now…

Siemens. German made, 5 year warranty (when I bought mine a few years back).

Solid machine, suggest getting the cutlery ‘tray’ on top and avoiding the older cutlery basket style so you fit in more plates

1 Like

Yeah I’ve got a roborock S5 and it’s awesome. They don’t do corners but they do most of the grunt work automatically.

Oh no sorry :frowning: I got the days mixed up.

1 Like

Thanks. I might get one during the Black Friday sales in November!

1 Like

Got this yesterday.

Straight out of the box didn’t like it. Handle way too massive, and didn’t feel right. Wife hated the plastic on the inside.

Sent it back without being used

#first world problems

2 Likes

Buy a Smeg :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Got a Polk Signa S2 recently, $300 down from $? RRP. It’s ok, does the job for tv. Not great on music, but I didn’t expect it to be. Wireless sub is handy if you want versatile placement.

1 Like

Musicwise, been upgrading the system in the man cave. Got an oldish Yamaha HTR-5960 reciever on Gummy for $80, absolute bargain if I get a few years out of it. Replaces a similar but lower spec Yamaha. Also added a new Yamaha NSW 100 sub (the death of my old cash converters Jamo was the catalyst for the whole rebuild). Added 2 front tower speakers, Polk Signature S50. I was using old Jensen bookshelf speakers up front, which have now gone back as surround units for the 5.1, which is probably what they’re intended for. Also got an AT LP120X turntable about a year ago which is great although fully manual. I thought the sound was ok before all this, but it’s a whole other level now.

2 Likes

Yeah so my phone is just about dead, screen glitching and a google search telling me its probably been dropped one too many times. (trade period)…

Whats the good oil on phones?

Work phone is an iphone, my home is android(and the one that needs replacing).

So I am platform agnostic.

Do I just pony up the dosh for a new $ iphone?