At the movies - From the couch

I watched and enjoyed AIR (Nike/MJ story).

1 Like

Where a huge or wide landscape and their colours take up so much of the story, they are lost on the small screen - Lawrence of Arabia, Dr Zhivago, Rabbit Proof Fence.
Then, with some of the action films like Indiana Jones, there’s nothing like being in a cinema with the audience reactions to the thrills and spills.

65” screens overcome a few of those issues.

I think it might be the Roger Moore 007, could be wrong with old age, and the start before the title comes on is a chase on snowskis. When all is doom, Bond leaps of a cliff and dah, dah. A union jack parachute opens. Whole cinema went berserk just like bombers beating tigers by one point :smile: :smile:. Don’t get that on your sofa.

1 Like

Me too. Jordan’s mum was a boss.

1 Like

How to Blow Up a Pipeline.

By far and away the most thrilling film about eco-terrorism i’ve seen and refreshingly has no moral judgment about the actions of the characters other than depicting their individual motivations. Kind of amazed this even got green lit. The only movie I can think to compare it to is Night Moves.

Watching the new White Men Can’t Jump. Talk about an unnecessary remake.

been watching Mr Inbetween short clips so gave the original movie a go.

“The magician” 2005

1 Like

Any good?

not bad, a little like chopper.

directed by one of the Hemsworths.

Spider-Man across the multiverse is absolutely fantastic. Couple of very funny moments, good emotion, some absolutely amazing action scenes.

I had no idea this was only part 1, I was shocked when it said to be continued haha

Is this the animated one? That first movie blew every other superhero movie let alone Marvel spiderman iteration out of the park. If the reviews are strong ill try and see it in cinemas.

Barton Fink
O bother where art thou
No country for Old men

2 Likes

A few more I would add

Star Wars
Jurrasic Park
Terminator 2
Black Hawk Down
Fury
War Horse

Home Alone was one of the 1st movies I saw whereby the cinema was so packed full of people, we had to sit on the floor to watch.

1 Like

End Game is a decent film at home, but watching it in a crowded theatre with everyone around you reacting to ten years worth of pay offs was pretty remarkable.

2 Likes

Meh, not a fan of watching superhero movies in cinema. I liked guardians of the galaxy & X-Men, but I wouldn’t regard them movies as superhero movies…& everyones popcorn gets in the way.

1 Like

Oh, it wasn’t the film I was impressed by. Like, it was good, but that’s not what I remember. It was the 10 years of shared experience that got a pay off, everyone reacting to things. Forget the that it was a superhero story, it’s a remarkable effort to make 20+ interwoven films over 10 years and stick the landing.

1 Like

The jackass movies HAVE to be seen in a packed cinema. Brilliant experience

2 Likes

Fargo
Burn After Reading (just having Brad Pitt and George Clooney playing weird units)

1 Like

Watched 65 last night.
A few different dinosaurs than in other movies.
TBH I would have loved a movie whereby the dinosaurs eat, terrorise & gauge through 20-30 victims stuck in the planet.
An ok movie just needed abit more action, inhabitable environmental disaster like scenarios.
6/10

1 Like