At the movies

1 Like
2 Likes

Suicide Squad had an awesome trailerā€¦

check out all the cultural references

The director does some very out there stuff. Iā€™m actually surprised disney/marvel chose him. I can guarantee itā€™ll be unlike any other comic movie ever made.

Agreed. Just didnā€™t let up the whole time. Needed a lie down in quiet room for half an hour when I got home.

Mark Rylance was ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  brilliant.

2 Likes

Agree it took me 48hrs to calm down and digest.

Thatā€™s his name!

SPOILERS

What a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  star, for me he was the real protagonist of the film. His sense of duty as a civilian of having to help the soldiers ā€˜there is no hiding thisā€™ was telling. The tension when he was picking up the spitfire pilot, both he and his son knew the chance of rescuing were scarce ā€˜I know George!ā€™. Vicariously honoring his sons spirit through the British Airforce, his knowledge and absolute resolution that they are ā€˜the best in the skyā€™ was knowledgeable but also showed his blind faith in victory.

The only thing I couldnā€™t follow was Cillian Murphy the captain in the safety boat that was telling the guys in the water to not worry about the u-boats and swim to shore? Then later cuts to him suffering from PTSD from clearly being torpedoed

Seemed pretty straight forward for mine

Was employing the usual British stoicism - everything will be okay lads, etc - but then he was the sole survivor on the boat he was rescued from. Clearly heā€™d just watched a lot of sht go down in a very short space of time.

The bit that really knocked me for six was when

the young bloke lied and told Cillian Murphy that George was going to be okay. I was gunning for him to rage at him for what happened, but the ā€œheā€™s probably had enough happen to him todayā€ about-face made me feel like a bit of a prick for thinking like that.

2 Likes

What a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  experience. People werenā€™t lying when they said suspense was the main character.

The audio of the dogfighting was spectacular. How good are the spitfires?

2 Likes

The dogfights were awesome. If there was any cgi in it, i couldnā€™t spot it.

1 Like

Amazing. Thinking of going to see it again.

It did $50million in the US in the opening weekend

Agree with all the Dunkirk comments. It took me a good couple of days to let the anxiety down! That scene when they are waiting in that beached boat. Yikes! Brilliantly done by Nolan and his camera crew. They used four $1 Million IMAX cameras.

1 Like

Seeing Dunkirk tonight at IMAX, to say Iā€™m keen is an understatement.

I think the best part of the movie is you can talk about it without any spoilers. Everyone knows how it player out and basically set the scene for d day.

Looks intense, though, I did legit LOL at the ā€œHell Mister Policemanā€ note.

1 Like

Scandinavians know how to do psychological thrillers.

2 Likes

Fassbender is ace.

Has it all.

2 Likes

Beautiful cinematography.

1 Like

Baby Driver was terrific

4 Likes