At the movies

Saw Dunkirk at the weekend. Beautifully shot and the score is awesome, but classic it is not. Will win Oscars, but not for the acting or directing. Should sweep the cinematography awards.

Looking forward to seeing Baby Driver.

Huge standout for me on Dunkirk was the sound design and scoring. It was awesome.

The history nerd in me was pretty cheesed off at a bunch of stuff, and the characters were pretty cookie-cutter. Holy god it looked beautiful though.

Like the revenant, but enjoyable.

1 Like
1 Like

NOPE. My 11 year old self could not sleep for weeks after the original.

As I get older, I just canā€™t do horror films.

5 Likes

It looks supremely well done and atmospheric. Trailer a bit heavy on the jump scares, but the set design, cinematography etc ā€¦ amazing.

One thing Iā€™m not sure about, with respect to the original and the book is whether they plan on having the ā€˜20 years laterā€™ bit when they all come back as adults and finally kill It. Thatā€™s the whole narrative of the book - coming back and facing the stuff you buried in your memory as a child - but in the film, it made for a kinda disjointed narrartive (not to mention the giant spider thing was weird and incongruous on screen. We havenā€™t seen a hint of the protagonists as adults yet. Iā€™m almost wondering if the filmmakers have decided to only present the kid half of the story, and not bother with the adult protagonists at allā€¦

1 Like

Yeh thatā€™s what I thought, no the all time epic I was expecting. But amazing sound and vision.

I reckon Tom Hardy did an amazing job with the mask on his face the entire movie, really drew you in as a character.

I know its the in-thing.

But I love Tom Hardy as an actor, watch all his films if hes in it basically.

Even the one where heā€™s in the car?

especially the one in the car.

Nah, my favourites are brosnan, and the cray twins.

Also a fan of Taboo.

2 Likes

Kray twins is a ripping show. The bar fight scene is all time.

3 Likes

Wonder whether the group sex makes the cut on this one

Well played with the spoiler tag.

Haha it wasnt deliberate. You know what Iā€™m talking about then? Might try to edit it.

Never got into kingā€™s books.

If itā€™s what I think youā€™re talking about, then no. It wonā€™t be in the movie.
Because if it were, everyone involved in the filming would be arrested.

Mean girls it, all the actors/actresses are 30 playing teenagers.

1 Like

Except the characters are meant to be 11-12 year olds. Actual kids, not teenagers.