At the movies

I had never heard of Kingsmen until I caught on TV a few weeks back. Seriously good movie. Will definitely catch the second.

it hit a sweetspot for me in terms of action and comedy. thoroughly enjoyed the ride, actually buzzing to see it again.

didn’t have these emotions to this extent last time. im hooked on this franchise and hope it survives at least 1 more movie

1 Like

It’s up there on my worst movies ever list.

1 Like

oooooooo

3 Likes

I assume it’s the movie based on the Southern Reach trilogy. Have you read the books?

No, I haven’t. Good?

Well personally I found the books difficult to follow - in particular what was going on with area x. Still worth the read though.

1 Like

Saw nocturnal animals recently, seriously good intense film. Gillenall is probably the best male lead in Hollywood now I think. He picks pretty good movies to be a part of

Yeah it’s fantastic, but not at all like F&F (unless your criteria is “cars are in the movie”.)

1 Like

Kingman 2 isn’t quite as good as the first imo. Definitely worth a watch though. 7.5/10

Cars in the first half really.

kingsman 2 spoilers.

They better not have killed roxy, best character in the first and severely underused in the 2nd, however they didn’t show her death on camera so probably comes back for movie 3.

1 Like

Gotta admit, saw the trailer for Kingsman 2 and thught “Meh”. Really liked the first one. Will still watch it.

I watched The Spy Who Came in from the Cold on Fox Classics the other night. The sound has deteriorated and the film wasn’t terribly well received when it came out but it really is an excellent movie. It helps that the story is so strong: the cynicism is unrelieved, and the triple-blind plot is brilliantly concealed. it’s John le Carré’s best book although a couple of other early ones come close.

It’s directed by Martin Ritt, who’s probably best remembered now for the Paul Newman movie Hud, and the leads are Richard Burton and Claire Bloom, with Oskar Werner a strong support. They all give superb performances. It’s a great example of how to make a straight, no frills or gimmicks movie with professionals who are all absolutely top class.

1 Like

Best part of the story was Claire Bloom’s blind faith in The Party, and where that got her.

I recorded it too and will watch soon, having been in Berlin a month ago.

Just saw Kingsman II.
Meh. 5.5/10

More importantly, Oirish has a starring role in it.

Just saw Blade Runner 2049
WOW!!! simply amazing, holyshit Ana De Armas is so freaking hot

have to agree about the holo gf

Was Gosling good?

yeah Oscar good

1 Like