At the movies

Life is Beautiful is incredible

Yes! Mrs Ivan and I have watched that numerous times

Having a 5 and 3 year old my like in terms of movies is pretty predictable:

1. Wall-E / The Incredibles (the latter is probably still a little old for my kids so hasn’t hit the rotation)
  2. Up
  3. Moana (fallen out of favour with the kids but I still love it. The Rock is awesome in it and I love a strong female character (hough she does seem to mimick Anna from Frozen a fair bit).
  4. How To Train Your Dragon 1/2. Cause dragons.

And Dory isn’t that bad - I wasn’t sure at first but holds up better after multiple viewings.

EDIT: Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 1/2 - How could I forget these? Love the humour in them. Honourable mentions to:
Monsters franchise
Minions franchise
Brave
Toy Story franchise
Wreck It Ralph
Inside Out
Sausage Party (JOKES)

1 Like

Love a pixar movie, except the other cars movies. wtf are they?

1 Like

I was disappointed by that too. Not sure why they didn’t keep his character going and i don’t think I have heard a valid reason either.

I have heard this but have never found it available.

Was reading a list of fan edits the other day. One where Man of Steel and BvS are made into one film, sounds good. Another I have to see is one where Black Swan and The Wrestler were cut into one film.

Wake in Fright - brutal and brilliant, Aussie movie, I would find it hard to watch again.

2 Likes

i actually preferred the sequel to the original. Found the original dragged in parts whereas the sequel didn’t. In terms of Pixar- i don’t think you can go past Toy Story 3 and Wall E

Cartoons- Lion King is top for me. Followed by Aladdin(robin williams is top notch as the genie), followed by Beauty and the Beast

that was so before it’s time its not funny. If it had come out a few years later when the Superhero boom hit it would be judged a masterpiece. Just a awesome film.

Have you seen split?

I think he has just about finished shooting the Sequel to Unbreakable called “Glass”- can’t wait to see it.

Shawshank
Wizard of oz
The goonies
Silence of the lambs
The usual suspects

Totally forgot one from my list;

Aguirre wrath of god

Amazing to think Apocalypse Now gets all the accolades when it basically ripped off this flick

In no real order just some of my favourites Akira
La Haine
Chopper
Style Wars
Labyrinth

Yeah I don’t think it’ll ever be made available for obvious reasons. Apparently all the Hollywood types he’s shown it to think it’s incredible.

toy story 3 is the worst of the 3. in fact its bad.

2 Likes

What? No.

3 Likes

Agreed a kids movie about the holocaust is wrong.

Best kids movies to watch overr and over with a 3-4 year old.

Moana is the current favourite
Previous others were madagascar, finding nemo, bolt, cars (not the sequel havent seen latest one yet).

What
Huh
Come again

I will get flamed for this but I consider Tarantino the most overrated director in the current era.resovoir dogs was good and inglorious was good. The rest, no

I will never understand the fuss that gets made about him

3 Likes

I can dig this, hate kill bill, despide pulp fiction, fell asleep through hateful 8.

1 Like