At the movies

What’s the matter Dillon? C.I.A. got you pushing too many pencils?

2 Likes

Predator is absolute gold. As said still stands up today.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Is Arnie the greatest action movie star of all time?

Surely he has to be.

2 Likes

Damn straight he is.

I can’t think of anyone else who even comes close to be honest

1 Like

Even his B Grade movies like Commando and Running Man are classics!

4 Likes

Watched Commando for the first a couple of weeks ago, well most of it anyway, and it is A Grade ■■■■■. A classic stinker. l love Predator and McTiernan.

1 Like

Yeah, haven’t watched it for a while.

Mostly remember for the classic ‘let off some steam’ line😊

2 Likes

https://goo.gl/images/NuA7Hr

You mean the one about 5 inches above your head?

Post happily withdrawn because I am blind as a bat it seems!

1 Like

Are you going to watch it?
I’m hoping it won’t be a confusing mish-mash money grabber.

Watched Annihilation. Interesting film. Bit of an Apocalypse Now vibe, blended with Arrival. Marketed as a horror, but that’s too much of a simplification. One of those movies that needs a second viewing. Enjoyed it and it has left me thinking. Would have looked awesome on the big screen, a really colourful movie in a creepily beautiful style.

3 Likes

I watched it too. I … yeah.

1 Like

It’s certainly a movie!

Come on guys. Don’t think you’re cool by hating on Marvel movies now. That ship sailed years ago

Ragnarok was pleasant enough.
That was the last Marvel film I’d seen in ages.
That trailer, though, is just…people talking to each other.

I’m very much looking forward to Deadpool again.

Deadpool II has me worried. I can’t imagine, in my cynicism-packed brain, how they could possibly make this a decent sequel.

Watched Annihilation also.

When compared to the outstanding Ex Machina it’s difficult not to be a little disappointed.

Visually stunning (the use of color was interesting) but unlike his first film I thought the characters in this were paper thin.

For me tonal shifts from scene to scene were the hardest thing to come to grips with. The action scenes in particular felt like they were added later so as to help promote the film to big distributors.

Having said that I still thought it was a notch above most sci-fi films and the things that I didn’t enjoy in the movie may be less noticeable on a second viewing.

1 Like