At the movies

can’t find the right thread. but more people suing the shitsteins.

this time corroborated with peter jackson who explicitly named ashley judd as someone the weinsteins blacklisted.

Got a couple of hours to wait for Annihilation. Only 6 seats in the cinema, talk about a boutique theater, l guess l will have the place to myself.

1 Like

Just watched A Quiet Place.

Some really tense scenes and nice photography.

Would recommend!

1 Like

If ‘The Post’ is any indication Steven Spielberg’s career is finished!

Haven’t watched it yet, like hanks and Spielberg but can’t stand Streep

Finally got round to watching The Darkest Hour last night. Normally not a fan of political type movies but I thought this was top notch

1 Like

i reckon hes been cooked for a while and just going ‘well im spielberg, ■■■■■’

I haven’t seen the darkest hour yet but want to see it

For mine you have to go back to Minority Report for his last good film, and Saving Private Ryan for his last great one.

Obviously has some great films in his catalogue but possibly the most overrated director of all time.

Thats cameron for me, have not enjoyed a single one of his films.

edit: except t2.

Aliens and the terminator films.

That’s him done!

My actual favourites are villeneuve and guy ritchie.

i know exactly what im getting with guy and its very fun for me, which is all i want.

denis because hes got such a wide array of films i like. prisoners, sicario, enemy. interested to see what he does with dune, he can be forgiven for bladerunner imo.

Yeah villenueve is my current favourite but Fincher, Haneke and PTA are not far behind.

I would kill to see Dune done well.

1 Like

After Bladerunner I’m surprised he would go that direction to be honest.

Both would be high budget films but with only a small fan base.

A lot can go wrong but he is such a visionary!

Dare I say it but he’s the modern Kubrick.

Dune was a dream for him for a long time, if I remember correctly. What a fantastic series of books.
I liked Bladerunner 2, btw. I know I’m in the minority, but I really loved it.

1 Like

I enjoyed Bladerunner also.

Difficult following up from the original but I felt he took it I a different direction.

Probably upset a few but Villenueve is what Nolan wishes he could be. I really rate Nolan but Villenueve will go down as a great.

1 Like

blade runner runs an hour and a half too long

for restless children

maybe you enjoyed the slowness of it so you could keep up between naps grandpa.

that was quite funny