At the movies

Was that when they got bbqued by magma - I choked a bit

Yeah the scene looking back from the boat to the pier

The first one still holds firm today - I was stoned when I saw it and was totally blown away. I was even convinced by that old mate that played the mathematician was bono

2 Likes

Has anyone seen the death wish reboot with Bruce Willis

20 minutes of Annhilation and I just couldn’t.
It was like, who friggin’ cares?
15 minutes into Mother and although nothing has happened, I am fascinated.

Its Bruce being Bruce. Which is great.

Carried a fairly weak supporting cast, but aside from that it’s a classic good guy gets payback on bad guys.

1 Like

Does he blow up the baddies trapped in a stacked armoured van with a newly lit a puffed cigar by throwing it on a trace of leaked petrol while saying “smoking is America’s number 1 killer ■■■■■■■■■■■■” or some such in a chesty bonds wife beater?
Cause that’s be cool.

2 Likes

Took my son and we both loved it. Crapped over anything Star Wars related that is our usual father/son movie.

Non stop action, CGI probably as good as you’ll ever see. Bit of eye candy for the parents.

Local cinema had the audio turned up to 11 which really made a difference.

Pretty terrifying and graphic in parts, can see what the MRS would go off like a volcano if she knew you’d taken kids.
Few Dino antagonists got ripped to shreds.

(Son had to sleep in our bed, reckons he wasn’t feeling too good…)

2 Likes

mine went defensive and said she was fine and not scared. and yes slept in our bed due to an unspecified reason.

first jurassic park movie was terrifying for a young me.

also made the mistake of watching toy story, then sneaking back into the livingroom to watch alien right after it. that was a hell of a nightmare.

4 Likes

Jurassic world was decent but felt like a bit of a bridge film. Did have probably the saddest moment in the whole franchise though. Was really a movie of 2 completely different halves.

Ant man was pretty entertaining, but probably 15min long.his fast talking buddy steals every scene he is in. Evangeline lily is gorgeous! The mid credits scene was predictable and the after credits scene was a waste of time

I didn’t get it.

So as good as it looked and was acted if you can’t underatand what’s going on then it’s poorly directed.

I have no understanding of why these need to exist. At all.

Sicario 2 is the most disappointed I’ve been in a sequel for a long time

I snuck out of bed one night to find my parents had just started watching Scream. Literally just started in that Drew Barrymore had just answered the phone. Stayed and watched the whole thing. It scared me senseless to the point where nothing has scared me since. We had this huge long dark hallway in the house and I was able to walk down there to my bedroom without lights after that night.

The previews made it look like whoever made the sequel didn’t understand what made the first one good.

1 Like

That was my brother and I for the first Freddy Kruger movie. Now it’s just laughably bad.

Really?! Man I flaming loved it. Del Toro’s character is tremendous.

First half was excellent - same edge of your seat tension for a looooooong time

Second half was a bit flat and more interested in setting up a third movie.

From a top 5 movie ever for me to o that piece of no story progression ■■■â–