At the movies

Agreed. I am only going to use it for the next couple of weeks while my family is away. No way I get to the theater that often…

1 Like
1 Like

Watch friend request.

Raiders

1 Like

All of them. It is a bit of a giggle, but mostly made for kids l reckon. It is a bit of a play on King Kong in places.

Ok, @Riolio who did you speak to? Give me names, damn it! My MoviePass card arrived today. Same as this news:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-27/moviepass-parent-borrows-6-million-to-end-service-interruption

Mission Impossible - Fallout. 2018. 10/10
Tom Cruise’s latest star vehicle, directed by J.J. Abrahms. Just when l thought the action movie genre was dying, along comes Abrahms to breath some much needed life into Tom and the genre. This movie is nothing sort of sensational. The action sequences and stunts are simply breathtaking, including a manic chase or two through Paris. Don’t worry too much about the plot, except to say it is at a suitably high level of impossible, but you don’t watch a movie like this for the character development. Also worth mentioning is the updated treatment given to the soundtrack. The Lalo Schiffrin composed music was always one of the more memorable TV theme tunes, here it is given a major work up, and if it doesn’t drive the action, it keeps up with it throughout. My hope now is that Cruise gives the IM franchise up. l would not like to see him try and top this effort, and he no longer looks young enough to keep carrying the part.

1 Like

Tom Cruise is the GOAT of acting

I probably won’t go to the movies to watch this.
But at some point in my life I am going to see it

This looks damn good. I’m sure Rami Malek will kill it

Is this a real thing, or is it just fantasy?

3 Likes

For mine Children of Men should be second and both Predestination and Ex Machina should be higher.

How the F, does 2001 not make the list.

1 Like

its not thrilling in the slightest. snoozefest.

1 Like

So…

It’s a masterpiece, it’s sci fi. That’s the first list I’ve ever seen that didn’t include it.

1 Like

Very good point.

Stalker is probably a little stiff as well.

1 Like

the list is specifically sci fi thrillers. I dont think 2001 is a thriller.

Hmmm, you may be right.

Although HAL is set up to be kind of a thriller.

2001 was one of the most boring films I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes