At the movies

Also, any sci movie list without Gattaca on it is not worth anyone’s time IMO

1 Like

Before the Kardashians were a thing, yes.

Efa

1 Like

During Glasnost, before 9/11.
Suck it.

There is a whole generation of people about to leave high school and enter the work force that were born after 9/11, that blows my mind.

1 Like

What’s glasnost? Is it an old person reference of some sort, like sixpence or some such thing

We had a work experience kid in our office. Born 2002. How can that actually be a thing

Is @SMJ even that young?

Aren’t you my age?

End of the Cold War.
Before global warming was a thing.
It was a time when the biggest thing we had to worry about was…
Geez, let me see…
INXS biggest band in the world.
Cricket world champions.
Recent back to back flags.
Yahoo Serious was an international success.

Sorry, I’ve really got nothing here.

2 Likes

I’m your age I think, but I’m still allowed to make fun of people who are 137, right?

And if you want things that will blow your mind, one of my children will have to say that Donald Trump was president when she was born. How messed up is that

Anyway: movies:

1 Like

If I’ve learnt anything over the last few months, its that if your not yet 40 your a young millennial, if your older than 40 your an old boomer.

3 Likes

I suppose.

But I reckon it’s more fun hanging it on the kids of today, with their loud music, and Dan Fogelberg, zima, hula hoops, and their pac man video games.

2 Likes

And their bisexuality? I mean pick a side already geeeesh

Please tell me you didn’t just miss my Baseketball reference?

1 Like

I watched the first one in 1978. I thought it was boring rubbish then and have never watched any of the others. It’s just a straight old-fashioned goodies v baddies movie, but the swords are called light sabres. And they fly around in speceships instead of riding horses or driving cars.

No one can tell him he’s wrong

1 Like

Sure - but given your comments about a number of movies, that is to be expected. I suggest going to non-boring movies in the future. There is a reason that most people like the movies you don’t like Blade runner and 2001. It’s just not your type - but they are not ‘boring and rubbish’ to a lot of people.
Like my example above about Star Wars - I think they are awful - most people think they are brilliant.

The AIDs virus was going to kill all of us.