At the movies

Is Flesh Gordon not a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ?

Soft core. Very soft. Barely a boob to be seen, as I recall.

So there really is a film flesh gordon? Thought it was a typo for flash gordon lol.

2 Likes

Force Majeure

ā€œComedy-dramaā€, fk off it is.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhhhh

I was like ā€œā€¦I donā€™t remember that bitā€

2 Likes

Haha me too - I thought the film was so preposterous that there would have been a scene like that even if I couldnā€™t remember.

ā€œI only read Playboy for the articles.ā€

1 Like

Booborama, but thatā€™s about it.

Seems like such a waste of nameā€¦ how is this not a ā– ā– ā– ā–  parady already

Saw an Australian ā€œcomedyā€ tonight, The Flip Side, set in Adelaide, about an English film star, Eddie Izzard, who comes to Adelaide with his girlfriend to catch up with a failing restaurauter. They stay with her and her boyfriend, always freeloading, but the French girlfriend is constantly putting Australia down.

Pretty lame. I was the only person in the theatre.

Did you have a smoko?

Is crazy rich Asians any good?

Iā€™d like a crazy rich Asianā€¦

Cā€™mon, what would you do with him, tiger?

1 Like

Iā€™d work something out.

Dim Sum with his daughter?

1 Like

Watched Summer of 84, such a cash in on stranger things and itā€¦but stillā€¦I enjoyed it

1 Like

Watched 95% of Hereditary before the battery on the computer ran out and the cord was elsewhere.

Itā€™s a load of old tosh, of course, but most things are.
Tense as a very tense thing for reasons that donā€™t really have a lot to do with plot.
The performances, sound, editing (lots of jump cuts (as opposed to jump scares which it doesnā€™t have) that keep you off balance) and the set design (which actually is part of the plot) all combine to make a lot out of a little.

Iā€™d like to see the end.
Have to wait for LMW to get home from rehearsal tonight.

Just rewatched AVP. Still trying to decide if itā€™s an indictment on the franchise that itā€™s the second best predator movie

The one with Adrian Brody is probably the second best one, but, thatā€™s not saying much. :smiley:

2 Likes

Nah watched that recently too, along with Predator 2. Adrian Brody is a good actor but totally miscast in that. Always felt I was watching an actor play a Merc with a cookie cutter backstory. The rest of the acting is just bad. They try to give some of the characters poignant moments but I couldnā€™t have cared less about them. The pacing is awful, overall the movie is pretty boring.