At the movies

I am a Tony Scott fan. He loves to set up scenes in which the screen is full of colour and the action perfectly choreographed. The opening scene of Déjà Vu where the boat is blown up is a masterpiece. The scene in True Romance with Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken is unforgettable. My favourite of his films is The Hunger, made in 1983 with David Bowie and Catherine Deneuve as vampires. Susan Sarandon is in it and a bit out of her depth, but she’s still pretty good and the seduction scene between her and Catherine Deneuve is breathtaking. Not all of his films are great but they’re all interesting.

1 Like

Good for you.

Nicole’s legs are good in that NASCAR film.

Speaking of wondering if films are as good as you thought they were, I’d like to see Taps again one day.

I haven’t seen true romance, I will have to check it out

My favourite tony Scott films are Man on Fire and Crimson Tide. The score in crimson tide is magnificent

Your movie reviews are a lot like the ones from one of my best mates. A mate who has an almost perfect opposite view of them to I. It’s very handy, to be honest.

1 Like

Lol…um…your welcome?

4 Likes

Bask in the glory

2 Likes

Sweet damn that’s awesome. Might watch it tonight.

Whatever happened to Hackman? Did he retire, I don’t think I have seen him in anything for over a decade.

Yep retired

Speaking of horses did you ever see those Lipizzaner stallions.

3 Likes

Fantastic scene. Tarrentino had a hand in a lot of those dialogues, it shows.

l like the sequel even more than the first. l was fortunate enough to see them as double feature in a cinema, so the big screen helped.

1 Like

No matter how much I change my TV settings, I can’t make the plot of The Dark Knight Rises any less dumb

4 Likes

I never knew this, but once you think about it it does make sense!

1 Like

would have to be one of the only times in his career where Tarantino had a hand in putting something decent on film.

COME AT ME

2 Likes

If nothing else, and I’d argue that there’s a lot more, he wrote the Hopper-Walken duologue.

I get what you’re saying but the argument against tarrentino is a bit of a cliche. Later works are pure self indulgence, but Reservoir Dogs, Inglorious Basterds, Django are all pretty decent flicks. I’d put pulp fiction in there but that’s probably trigger you haha

1 Like

Just an interesting (?) sidelight, in the background music for that scene Is from the opera Lakmé, by Delibes. The same music is in the lesbian seduction scene between Catherine Deneuve and Susan Sarandon in The Hunger. Tony Scott obviously liked it a lot and I don’t blame him. It’s beautiful.

And hadn’t disappeared up his own colon in the process