I think Phoenix will do a great job as the joker though

1 Like

Before I watch it is this one of those poxy fan trailers

nope

Big fan of Joaquin

1 Like

makeup looks awesome, much better than Jared Leto

Canā€™t wait for that fleck

Saw The Megā€¦HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH. Bit of fun.

2 Likes

Days of Thunder

@RockyIV

1 Like

Please be good

1 Like

I really enjoyed the first one. Thought Stallone was very good, and he looks good here, also.
One thing that always gets me with fight movies - there is such a thing as ā€˜weight classā€™ for a reasonā€¦

1 Like

First one was fantastic, Stallone brought his A game too. Really looking forward to this

1 Like

Iā€™m running parallels with the original trajectory of the plots for the rocky movies; first one was beautifully crafted, thereafter the scripts gets more ridiculous and cheesey which to me thinks Stallone did it to bring in the masses. Same with Rambo.
Now heā€™s got son vs son. With Ivan turning up.
Please donā€™t let it be that kind of movie. Please be good.

1 Like

I saw A Simple Favour the other night. I always like Anna Kendrick movies (except for that Pitch Perfect shite - cannot be pharqued watching a second of that).

Anna plays Stephanie, a vlogger about all mum-related tasks with no real friends. Her husband died in a car crash, together with her brother. Blake Lively is the ultra-cool, high-achieving, hard-drinking mum of her sonā€™s friend. Blake goes missing and the story, in an extremely non-Gothic Stepford Wives type of setting, goes ultra-Gothic. I half expected Mrs Danvers or Miss Havisham to appear.

Quite enjoyable, with two very watchable female stars who carried the movie.

1 Like

I re-watched Sunday B.loody Sunday the other day, having recorded it from Fox Classics. For those who donā€™t know, it was made by John Schlesinger, a great English director (Midnight Cowboy, Marathon Man), and stars Peter Finch (Anglo-Australian) and Glenda Jackson (English), both truly great actors, as well as Murray Head, who was good in this film but didnā€™t do much else.

Itā€™s a love triangle, but the love object is Murray Head, playing a bisexual rather gimmicky artist, and his competing lovers are Finch, playing a Jewish doctor, and Glenda Jackson, a recruitment consultant and daughter of a wealthy banker. All the characters are from the educated upper middle class and they behave accordingly. Itā€™s an extraordinarily intelligent screenplay by Penelope Gilliat, and the actors do it full justice. Itā€™s not a plot-driven film, but a portrait of three decent, intelligent people trying to make the best of a difficult situation of which they are all fully aware.

I hate it when someone asks what I consider are the 5 best films Iā€™ve seen, but if I ever had to answer that question this would be a contender.

Iā€™ve got strange feelings towards Anna Kendrick. Itā€™s not lust, itā€™s not emotional, itā€™s not intellectual but I definitely want her to come home and meet my mother.

Do you also like Sam Lane?

1 Like

I am a troubled soul

1 Like