At the movies

Whatever it takes, eh?
Sounds good.

1 Like

Surely that’s a copyright infringement! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Posted in wrong thread.

Saw Captain Marvel.
Was ok. Better than I expected - because I had extremely low expectations. Needed a bit more humour.

I like MCU for the humour. I reckon that’s their edge. Comic comics. DC is only good when it’s super farkin pithy, aka Dark Knight stuff. Ragnarok/Deadpool and Dark Knight - the extremes of SH movies.

1 Like

4 Likes

Yesterday, I saw a little Danish film at Nova called “The Guilty”.

If I had to rank it…it’s better than 80% of the films that I go to…maybe even more.

The budget would have been negligible (it’s a ‘contained thriller’)…but the carefully constructed dialogue creates a smart tension-filled story.

1 Like

whats it about?

A policeman, who normally works on the street, has been banished to the call centre where incoming “911” calls are received.

There he gets drawn into a particular case…deeper and deeper…until he is operating far beyond the normal boundaries of this call centre role…

2 Likes

I wrote about that one a little further up. Absolutely loved it. Watched in on the plane with good headphones. Felt like I was right there.

2 Likes
2 Likes

That is going to be awesome and then Charlie Manson is going to kill everyone and it’s going to be more awesome

2 Likes

Hot Damn Maggot Robbie

4 Likes

Pretty much - yep.

Neighbours acting school really delivers.

This makes me happy

6 Likes

Just saw Free Solo. Just an incredible movie, absolutely stunning camera work and a good story as well. Highly recommend seeing it on the big screen.

1 Like

Lego Movie 2.

Try to avoid. For the cost of tickets and junk food I probably should’ve just bought the kids more Lego.

I will say tho, Hoyts Northland is pretty sweet. HUGE screen, big reckoning chairs, and BOOMING sound system (which I think makes a movie).

Pity the stupid parent who though bringing a crying baby that cried until it cried some more and then ended up crying when it was leaving. Ruined half the movie for everyone else.

In the next 5 years, the MCU will be rolling out X-Men… and while Avengers will still be around, they won’t be the prominent story line.

They’re gonna start moving towards Galactic wars (Guardians, The Eternals, Fantastic 4, Captain Marvel) and on earth, the political and social sphere will be built around the X-Men and the new Avengers.

I’ve also heard they are planning to release some smaller movies, as in smaller consequences… bringing the story back to ‘hero takes down local crime gang’.
Now that the Netflix partnership is over, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dardevil and King Pin brought to the big screen.

I also heard that Disney plans to continue releasing Ryan Reynolds DeadPool movies under 21st Century Fox.