At the movies

In respect to chilling :sunglasses:.
Wanted to know what munchies you have at the movies. Maybe then I can then digest your perspective.

Iā€™m a peanut m&m man myself.

You?

Ironic.

Saw this recently

Starred @Alan_Noonan_10, @Theclubsanga and @Killer_Mike and set in the Movies thread on Bomberblitz.

9 Likes

Strange.

It was you that responded to my postā€¦

Iā€™d say that about Italian films.

Iā€™ve seen a lot of, and have a lot of, light Spanish movies. Donā€™t know if youā€™ve seen El Clan, a recent Argentinian movie. Now thatā€™s dark, like a few other Argies Iā€™ve seen. The only really dark Spanish one Iā€™ve seen recently is Secuestrados (Kidnapped).

But not much appeals in this yearā€™s festivalā€¦whereas iā€™ve seen about 6 each the last two or three years. One with Maribel VerdĆŗ (Y Tu Mama) looked OK.

1 Like

I generally go through phases where by if I find a film that I really enjoyed then I have to watch everything that comes from that country. So I watched a lot of Latin films 5 or more years ago but not so much recently. I havenā€™t seen El Clan but I have seen Secuestrados though.

I should watch more spanish films but I am still going through my asian cinema and Turkish phase.

Took my daughter to Dumbo todayā€¦enjoyed it.

1 Like

What age group is it for?

My daughter is 5, perfect for her

Thanks.

Any other recent movie recommendations? I have a couple of plane rides coming up, need some inspiration

If you like westernsā€¦

I watched the Sister brothers and thought it was good. Enjoyed it.

I just finished ā€œnever grow oldā€ā€¦ i liked it alotā€¦ John Cusack as a bad guy is really good. BUTā€¦ the 3rd act felt rushed IMOā€¦ but well worth the watch non the less. I actually think your better off not watching the trailer for this movieā€¦ its not a accurate representation.
But here it isā€¦

1 Like

I enjoyed The Sisters Brothers, had read the Patrick DeWitt novel and was curious to see how theyā€™d do it. Just a strange ambling tale with some really good actors, beautiful pictures. The book from memory is actually funnier and lighter, can highly recommend Mr.Dewitt.

2 Likes

Not normally the type of movie I like/watch, but will give it a look as I really like John Cusack.

1 Like

Why was it on at the French Film Festival? I didnā€™t see it there.

It was made by a French director, Jacques Audiard. He did Read My Lips (Sur mes lĆØvres), which was excellent, and The Beat my Heart Skipped (De battre mon coeur sā€™est arretĆ©), which was complete rubbish although highly praised by critics.

Monsters Vs Aliens
Rise of the Guardians
Horton Hears a Who
Coco
Ralph Breaks the Internet

1 Like

Pet Sematray

Really good.

Ooooh, mixtape.

Spinal Tap
Empire Records
Hi-Fidelity
Bohemian Rhapsody

The Godfather
Heat
Goodfellas
The Departed

Inception
Cube
Primer
Ex Machina

Flying High
Top Secret
The Spy Who Shagged Me
Hot Shots 2/Naked Gun

Eternal Sunshine
Adaptation
Being John Malkovich
Little Miss Sunshine/Truman Show

2 Likes

Actually a list like this is great. Helps filter which views to value due to taste.

@wimmera1 I reckon I might blindly follow you on that list, matches up very well with what I like