Australian Open 2016

Rafa is cooked.
He was always one there were a lot of question marks around.

Hingis is with team Bencic. Can’t believe Diggers wasn’t there with her.

Rafa is cooked.

those biceps

Rafa is cooked.

Wasn’t he a frequent visitor to the clinic in Spain where Armstrong and his mates got the good stuff? I’m sure it was stated or at least referred to in Tyler Hamilton’s book.

Rafa is cooked.

Wasn’t he a frequent visitor to the clinic in Spain where Armstrong and his mates got the good stuff? I’m sure it was stated or at least referred to in Tyler Hamilton’s book.

Alot of the spaniards were, including footballers.

Diggers is awfully quiet these days. And where’s em?

I’m still here :slight_smile: Watching from the couch this year.

Gavrilova had a good win. Kyrgios into third round against berdych.

Rumours of “supplements” notwithstanding, i think Rafa has basically managed to grind himself into permanent physical debilitation and mental exhaustion. Virtually every point of his career has been an intense and unyeilding epic. He’s well and truly baked atm.

Gavrilova is fun to watch. Seems to be one of those who appears genuinely bubbly and nice but gets under the skin of opponents. At 166cm tall the serve will always be a concern but she hits the ball well.

Gavrilova is fun to watch. Seems to be one of those who appears genuinely bubbly and nice but gets under the skin of opponents. At 166cm tall the serve will always be a concern but she hits the ball well.

yeh she played well she hits ball hard for her size and her serve has some kick.
if she plays like that she should win a few more games.

I know Groth is very outclassed here by Murray, but gee he does some dumb stuff

I was happy that although the Aussie girls wern’t going too well, at least we didn’t have a screecher … so they have to go and fkn import one.

Screech away,… I won’t be watching. (At least without the mute on)

Ferrer mustn’t have got Ch 7’s cheque.

Or will Hewitt come back & win a 5 set classic?

Thanks for the memories Lleyton. I always loved his fighting spirit and how he got the absolute most out of himself. He timed his rise to the top perfectly in the post Sampras/Agassi vacuum and prior to Fed/Rafa et al taking over and dominating. His brash attitude as a youngster is long forgotten for mind, given his longevity and never die attitude.

Now lets hope he can share his wisdom and pass it attitude onto the new crop of brash young Aussie tennis stars.

Hewitts dad looks like the love child of Clinton and Trump.

Cannot believe that Hewitt is supposed to be one of the 16 top players who are accused of match fixing. They guy busts a gut and always has, I find that rather bemusing. Hewitt finds it disgusting.

And Berdych beats Kyrgios in 4 sets - At the end of the day had a bigger game than Kyrgios.

Rumours of "supplements" notwithstanding, i think Rafa has basically managed to grind himself into permanent physical debilitation and mental exhaustion. Virtually every point of his career has been an intense and unyeilding epic. He's well and truly baked atm.
He always played a taxing style, overcame others with his fitness levels. l said a few years back that he played like an iron man, tough on him as well as others. While he managed to win a lot of GS titles, the physical demands he placed on himself, were always going to come back and bite him big time.

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/sports/report-suggests-nick-kyrgios-wasnt-smacked-as-a-child/

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | Contact

MARK PHILIPPOUSSIS is a great Australian. He won two Davis Cups, reached the finals of Wimbledon and the US Open – and like the rest of the country, he was smacked as a child.

Though he wasn’t always popular and humble like he is now, Lleyton Hewitt was smacked.

Bill Shorten was smacked.

A new report released by the CSIRO and Melbourne’s RMIT suggest that there’s a common link between successful and humble people, which is that they’ve all been delivered a swift, broad-handed blow across the buttocks by a parent at the end of their rope.

Scientists have been able to ascertain through a number of experiments and observations that Kyrgios probably wasn’t smacked when he did something wrong on purpose as a child.

Lead researcher Glenn Vicks from RMIT agrees that the 20-year-old tennis superstar could gotten away with murder as a young prodigy.

“From the data we’ve collected, Nick could’ve ■■■■■■ in a cup and thrown it on somebody, a complete stranger even, and wouldn’t have faced any consequences,” he said.

“During his time at the AIS in Canberra, he could’ve ripped off John Newcomb’s moustache and used it to clean his laptop keyboard – and he’d still be allowed to stay there.”

“He could’ve even looked his parents in the eye while he ■■■■■■ the bed. Nothing.”