Australian Open 2016

Simon is such a nuisance.

Hangin in there …

Gavrilova is fun to watch. Seems to be one of those who appears genuinely bubbly and nice but gets under the skin of opponents. At 166cm tall the serve will always be a concern but she hits the ball well.

yeh she played well she hits ball hard for her size and her serve has some kick.
if she plays like that she should win a few more games.

Gavrilova reminds me a little of Justine Henin-Hardene with the way she plays.

Both players are tiny but pack a very powerful punch.

And as saladin has mentioned above, Gavrilova is fun to watch. Some of those cross court winners from near on impossible angles in that match against Mladenovich on Friday were absolutely brilliant.

She’s not afraid to go for her shots.

Gavrilova wins the first set 6-0. Surely Suarez-Navarro will be more competitive in the second set.

Gavrilova is fun to watch. Seems to be one of those who appears genuinely bubbly and nice but gets under the skin of opponents. At 166cm tall the serve will always be a concern but she hits the ball well.

yeh she played well she hits ball hard for her size and her serve has some kick.

And as saladin has mentioned above, Gavrilova is fun to watch. Some of those cross court winners from near on impossible angles in that match against Mladenovich on Friday were absolutely brilliant.

Yeh, nah.
She follows Fark Carlton, apparently quite fanatical.
So on that basis …

Gavrilova wins the first set 6-0. Surely Suarez-Navarro will be more competitive in the second set.

Gavrilova was fantastic through the tournament but really went to water tonight, was just far too negative on herself when she got behind. Hope she can learn from that.

Tomic accent this days…WTF.

Someone show him the door already if he’s desperate to be a Serb.

Tomic accent this days...WTF.

he aint no kyrgios though…

what the hell is marty gleeson doing playing federer

Gavrilova was fantastic through the tournament but really went to water tonight, was just far too negative on herself when she got behind. Hope she can learn from that.

Crowd was dead.

Federer gave one of his best ten performances ( that i’ve watched ) tonight - His tennis was breathtaking and on another level.

Interested to see how Tomic performs against Murray - He needs to be more aggressive and not play from two metres behind the baseline - Tomic has reached a consistent level of performance - Now its a matter of whether he can raise his level in the future.

Kyrgios - Many of the experts believe he is a certainty to win a Grand Slam - I am yet to be convinced as Kyrgios needs to improve his mobility, court craft and variety of shots.

Yeh, nah.
She follows Fark Carlton, apparently quite fanatical.
So on that basis …

WTF?

How did this happen?

She’s been in the country not two minutes and she’s already become a ‘fanatical’ fan of the perennial wooden spooners?

Didn’t take them long to dig their dirty, filthy claws into the poor girl.

I doubt that he’s desperate to be a Serb considering he’s a Croat.

Yet, he instructed people to pronounce his surname incorrectly when everyone was pronouncing it correctly initially.
Gavrilova now sounds more “Aussie” than him. She’s been here five minutes…

We shall find out a bit about young Bernard tonight.

Murray is looking very strong and ominous. I can’t see Bernard taking a set off him.

But if he does, then I will say congratulations you strange young person, you’re making strides into being a good player.
If he takes 2 sets off him, I will say well done Bernie, a good fighting effort.
If he wins, I will scream Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi and proclaim Bernie as a great Australian athlete and forgive all prior misdemeanors.

Federer gave one of his best ten performances ( that i've watched ) tonight - His tennis was breathtaking and on another level.

Interested to see how Tomic performs against Murray - He needs to be more aggressive and not play from two metres behind the baseline - Tomic has reached a consistent level of performance - Now its a matter of whether he can raise his level in the future.

Kyrgios - Many of the experts believe he is a certainty to win a Grand Slam - I am yet to be convinced as Kyrgios needs to improve his mobility, court craft and variety of shots.

I think Kyrgios has all the attributes required except for one thing, ticker. He simply isn’t driven enough to ever be successful. If he can find the hunger of a Federer or Djoker he might get there but if he stays at his half arsed efforts he currently offers he will continue to fall down when he reaches the last rounds.

If Tomic had half the heart of Hewitt he would be a fairly decent tennis player.

Federer gave one of his best ten performances ( that i've watched ) tonight - His tennis was breathtaking and on another level.

I think Kyrgios has all the attributes required except for one thing, ticker. He simply isn’t driven enough to ever be successful. If he can find the hunger of a Federer or Djoker he might get there but if he stays at his half arsed efforts he currently offers he will continue to fall down when he reaches the last rounds.

It’s more than hunger - There are technical and game sense aspects of his game which need to improve - More hunger won’t overcome these deficiencies.

Have tickets for tomorrow night. Was hoping for Roger v Berdych , but Joker v Nishi could be very interesting.

If Tomic had half the heart of Hewitt he would be a fairly decent tennis player.

You display a limited understanding of tennis - Tomic is already a decent tennis player - You have to be decent to be number 17 - Tomic has admitted he needs to do more fitness work, but tries to overcome this by playing many tournaments - Tomic needs to realise this is not a panacea to overcome a lack of training - Tomic gets fitter and its a possibility he could make top 10 - Tomic still lacks mobility, especially when moving forward and he is not aggressive enough with his shot making - Tomic plays to far behind the baseline, though it was pleasing that he only played a metre behind the baseline against Murray, and attacked his shots which lead to 56 unforced errors - Tomic needs to accept a few more unforced errors in his game in the quest to get better. In saying this, my observation is that Tomic’s performance this Australian summer have been below his 2015 standard. Anyway its a long season and we can revisit Tomic at the end of 2016.