Australian Open 2016

Certainly appears to have a good eye. Should have been a linesman!

Can’t see him getting over Murray now it’s one set all.

2 1 his way now, have you changed your mind?

Was hoping for a close final but now Murray is in it I’m hoping for a straight sets demolition

My hats goes off to Raonic for such a gutsy effort. Would have been very interesting had he not sustained that injury.

I am constantly conflicted by the differences in Murray’s on and off court demeanour. Off court he seems a top bloke and is well liked, but I really find it difficult to like him on court. Do not like the way he goes looking for conflict to fire himself up. That episode against Berdych in last year’s SF was disgraceful. And the abuse he constantly hurls at his players’ box…not on.

Djokovic for mine.

I’m going to the men’s final and I don’t know what I want to happen.

Don’t mind Novak, can’t stand Murray.
But I’m over Novak winning

I'm going to the men's final and I don't know what I want to happen.

Don’t mind Novak, can’t stand Murray.
But I’m over Novak winning

Lucky bugger. Enjoy. I share your sentiment re. the two players. I guess just hope for 5 close sets of cracking tennis. Djokovic in 4 for mine.

Why is Australia so ■■■■ at tennis - we used to be awesome

Why is Australia so ■■■■ at tennis - we used to be awesome

because tennis players parents didn’t beat them.

I think it is a case of the rest of the World, (Europe in particular) catching up with facilities and the game’s popularity. When you factor in the population bases, it’s no surprise we’re no longer at the head of the pack.

I think it is a case of the rest of the World, (Europe in particular) catching up with facilities and the game's popularity. When you factor in the population bases, it's no surprise we're no longer at the head of the pack.

*Russia in particular
Crazy Ruskies

Alternatively, add “ova” to you’re surname and you’re good to go. At least in the women’s tour.

Alternatively, add "ova" to you're surname and you're good to go. At least in the women's tour.

Lol isn’t adding “ova” (or at least just an a) the European way of differing males and females?
Eg Safin and Safina. So Sharapova’s brother would just be Sharapov

Cool. I learnt something today.

Alternatively, add "ova" to you're surname and you're good to go. At least in the women's tour.

Lol isn’t adding “ova” (or at least just an a) the European way of differing males and females?

Unless they were Polish. In which case he would be Sharapovi

Unless they were Polish. In which case he would be Sharapovi

and they say English is hard to learn! At least we only have one ■■■■■■ gender!

If Tomic had half the heart of Hewitt he would be a fairly decent tennis player.

You display a limited understanding of tennis - Tomic is already a decent tennis player - You have to be decent to be number 17 - Tomic has admitted he needs to do more fitness work, but tries to overcome this by playing many tournaments - Tomic needs to realise this is not a panacea to overcome a lack of training - Tomic gets fitter and its a possibility he could make top 10 - Tomic still lacks mobility, especially when moving forward and he is not aggressive enough with his shot making - Tomic plays to far behind the baseline, though it was pleasing that he only played a metre behind the baseline against Murray, and attacked his shots which lead to 56 unforced errors - Tomic needs to accept a few more unforced errors in his game in the quest to get better. In saying this, my observation is that Tomic’s performance this Australian summer have been below his 2015 standard. Anyway its a long season and we can revisit Tomic at the end of 2016.

The Poo, Rafter and Newcombe all just said on C9 news that both Bernard and Nick need to get hangrier, need more heart and need more fitness. But you are completely right, I have a limited understanding of tennis, just like them.

Oh dear.

I have a bad feeling about this match, it will be quick and boring.

I am enjoying the fight from Kerber so far, hope she proves me very wrong.

Really liking Kerber’s game, she is taking full advantage of an off Williams. She has a lot to like about her game, good power and control. Needs to work on her second serve, it is very predictable.

Well colour me surprised. Thought it would be 6-2, 6-1 to Williams in 38 minutes. Well done, Kerber.

Edit: Oh-oh…Williams finding her range now.