Australian Politics -- From early August 2022

Labor won government in 2014 with 47 of 88 seats, 2 going to Greens.

Bayswater is a real possibility.

1 Like

wow

8 Likes

W…T…F

6 Likes

Reason I think Hawthorn will go to the Libs, is you have the unusual situation of a sitting Labor MP who won by fluke, and is recontesting.

I think Labor gets into 2nd place, with the Indie 3rd, meaning split preferences from the Indie pushing the Libs past 50%+1 to win the seat.

Kennedy isn’t trying too hard here in Hawthorn. I’d be astonished if he gets more in the primary than Lowe. She’s got a very strong presence.

2 Likes

And every chance the Libs lose Kew to Torney.

1 Like

Ok so labor needs to win more than 44 to win majority government……I’d say it’ll be Labor 43 -47 seats ….a number of outer suburban safer labor seats to become marginal after Saturday. If they get to 43 I’d be ok with a minority government. Dan to handover leadership to someone else in 2 years time ……Dan retires works for Linfox and joins Essendon Board

1 Like

So true - I haven’t spotted one sign for him driving around that area. Lots of Lib/teal signs

1 Like

I think a lot of Labor votes learned about voting tactically to oust the Libs, so may well go Indie rather than ALP.

2 Likes

Missed Kevin07 at Northcote Central, campaigning with Kat.

Greens are a sneaky chance for sure

As usual the libs recruit some mouthbreating 18 year old kid to hand out cards that doesn’t really give a ■■■■ and can’t articulate the policies.

Ha, yep. Who are those poor high school kids? Do the Libs pay better than Maccas?

And I had to show my disgust to the smarmy, aggressive Freedom Party woman who imagined I might be interested in voting hard right.

2 Likes

Just ask her “do I look like a ■■■■■■■ Nazi?” and hope she doesn’t say yes. I have a crew cut so might let that one pass.

3 Likes

“Crew cut” ? Come on, old fella, no one has a “crew cut” these days. It’s a No.1.

totally normal behaviour right here

4 Likes

It’s a never ending series of pretty average to horrible behaviour from these people.

I know people say ‘both sides are the same’ but it is consistently right wing political parties and their affiliates that get found out for this ■■■■. The fact he had a fake website, multiple alias’, and was targeting a business makes me wonder if they can’t press charges.

5 Likes

FMD
My Labor mate getting $60 an hour to drive around with Labor signs on his car

New polling to be released in the H-Sun tomorrow from Kos’ Redbridge Group going to show late surge to LNP 38%, ALP 35% Primary votes. Late voters splitting 2-1 in favour of LNP. “Minority Labor Government 41-43 seats the most ‘likely’ result”

You should jump on that.

My guess of 48 seats isn’t paying off quite as well.

We’ve got Kos on one side saying his polling is pointing a Minority Government and then a Morgan poll a few days earlier with a ALP rout

Somebody gonna look like a goose

Final Newspoll out later tonight also