Australian Politics, Mark II

Not really, it just isn’t normal (common-place) for 14 year olds. If you said 18 I might start agreeing it is becoming more normal (common-place).

Morrison terrifies me.
He’s our very own Mike Pence.

4 Likes

A lot of young relationships last a week.
I’ll let you tell them they don’t mean anything.

2 Likes

The program is about a 14 year old that has multiple partners as the same time, not over a period of time. That’s what I am saying isn’t that normal (common-place).

Well if my girl was doing that, even if she was just holding hands with them, I’d tell her she’s not being very fair to any of them.
But I don’t see what that has to do with sexuality.

If that is directed at me then I have no idea what you are getting at?

I struggle to understand how anyone with an ounce of common sense about them would think that a program like this is actively promoting such activity.

It’s literally just “hey these people are around and they aren’t freaks, try not to be ■■■■■■■■ to them pls”

8 Likes

Who said it did?

The Prime Minister did yesterday

2 Likes

Meh, that would be expected.

Anyway, moving on…

sounds bad, but i wouldn’t mind seeing the direct comparison to the last labor minister in charge of immigration.

Oh this bloke is so history. Might take 9 months or it might hopefully be next week. Come on Dutton, let’s see your dirt list. Bet it’s cases like asking for granting refugee status. If Wentworth falls to Labor and this guy ends up having to resign they’re going to need to find a few independents to guarantee supply.

3 Likes

Maybe the article I read, which quoted the particular hypothetical that kids are tackling, was misprinted but I’m pretty sure the subject is 17 and is finding herself in bad situations because of low self esteem and alcohol abuse. She wants to be safe but too often isn’t because she’s drunk or wants to please someone. I don’t think 14 is too early to be confronting these incredibly common teenage and young adult issues whether or not it’s in a student’s sphere of experience yet.

As for Scumo, my first taste of genuine youth debauchery was with a few very well to do Kew girls from a private school. Sure opened my country eyes.

3 Likes

As for multiple partners, I was too ugly but my better looking mates were sure “getting on with” as many girls as they could, ditto the girls. Way less ■■■■ about those days, there’s more need for education in all manner of stuff, not just how to not get preggers.

The Safe aschools program is often selectively reported out of context. I also read about a 17 year old with multiple partners and a 14 year old who thought she might be bisexual.

ScoMo had it wrong; the subject was 17 not 14 in the program and the program was taken out of context by ScoMo and Jones. As if that will not happen again and again.

I would suggest that any program for teenagers that helps them prepare for the harsh reality of the world is good. Whether a girl or boy is 14 or 17; issues surrounding self-esteem, survival from bullying and family violence need to be discussed, challenges met and support given. In my youth, teenage pregancy was much more common than now, and while there were youth suicides then, not to today’s sad levels.

Yep @IceTemple perhaps it does seem we live in different worlds sometimes, but we do not. My world is your world and times it is a harsh vioent place, but mostly it is full of good people with much wonder and light.

My Dad always said that the goods guys always win in the end; and I still believe that.

4 Likes

That part is taking what I said out of context.

As for it being about 17, that is more normal (common-place) but not 14.

lol, no surprise there…

BARACK Obama famously got along well with several Australian prime ministers.

Being a nation where leadership spills are now a bloodthirsty sport, Mr Obama met four Aussie leaders during his time in the White House.

Between 2009 and 2016, he got to know former Labor leaders Julia Gillard and Kevin Rudd, and former Liberal leaders Tony Abbott and Malcolm Turnbull.

Apparently Mr Abbott was the only one he didn’t warm to.

7 Likes

Well if the guy you were having dinner with insisted on eating his onions raw, wouldn’t you struggle to like him? Imagine the breath

3 Likes

It was directed at the original comments, not you.

1 Like