Australian Politics, Mark II

I’m hoping that it was some really weird fetish porrn

Yep, you and others cannot accept hat Politicians make mistakes.

Has he?
I know he’s paying it back, but has he said this might not have been okay?

1 Like

We all make mistakes — and we all have to pay for them, unless we’re Liberal politicians, in which case everybody else must pay for them, except us.

3 Likes

bj-e1460876691641

6 Likes

Worse than that, I worked with a guy whose car broke down when he was driving from Brisbane to Melbourne to attend a 6-month course (so you want to have your own car, rather than fly down). He used the Defence Travel Card to pay for a motel room for the night whilst his car got fixed in some NSW rural town. The following Monday he got to Melbourne, reported straight to the unit that he used the card, showed the receipts and asked what the process is for reimbursing Defence. He got charged with fraud.

After getting his butt kicked through the Defence legal system, he lodged a Redress of Grievance and finally got it all overturned because he was able to prove that fraud means trying to gain an advantage/benefit by means of deceipt, none of which he had done.

But it’s all good nowadays because they give us a 30 minute lecture on fraud awareness at the start of each year…

6 Likes

I love this Woman; makes me want to go to NZ.

4 Likes

It’s a good list, but you’ve made me depressed with that one. We’ll never have a list like that, or a PM. We let ours get savaged to death by her own party and the freaks on the right. Oh country my c*ntry

1 Like

Don’t lose heart, better days are coming.

Bill will surprise many and be a great PM.

Until Abbot and Murdoch and co. sink their teeth further into his throat

Our Labor teeth are much sharper when we attack our own; that is always the bigger worry. Bill has them under control at present.

I worry what the Lib Cabal can do to an already unpopular Labor leader

Reckon they have already given it their best shot.

Considering how SchemeO turned back to the hackneyed "They’ll Raise YOUR TAXES!!, furphy last week, … you might be right.

Also see Bill has organised a mock battle and stand up to the Unions situation. Like I’ve said all along, … he is VERY Politically Savvy.

I expected it, but gee he’s gone early.

Yes but to be fair he also didn’t understand the doctrine of separation of powers either. Why do you need that stuff when all you want to do is run the country or your state.

What chance Labor go hard at Scumo’s Horizon consortium connections? Church and state were never so egregiously, creepily intertwined. Well, perhaps the Borgias. And that big loud country over north. No votes in it? Too many potential votes lost? He’s Prime Minister. It’s ■■■■■■■ mind blowing. More dangerous than Dutton and Abbott in a flesh onesey is this true economic believer. You put in, you get out, if Gawd smiles on you or some such…

2 Likes

Getting caught?

New Zealand legalised the sale of nicotine e liquid for e cigarettes. In the trial measure for 3 months they saw their tobacco smoking numbers Nationally drop by 8%

When pressed in Australia to do the same thing, despite the chair of the committee to review writing a glowing endorsement for vaping as the most successful quit smoking tool in the world, health minister Greg Hunt said and I quote "It’s not going to be happening on my watch as far as I’m concerned“

Go look at who donates to Greg Hunts electoral office…

I’m sure that’s not a “mistake”

4 Likes

I’m in favour of vaping, I really am.
I see a lot of people using it to quit smoking.
But I am a little concerned at the number of young people who haven’t previously smoked taking it up.

And I’ll say again, it’s not big tobacco that wants to stop vaping, it’s big pharma.
Gum, patches, sprays, friggin’…they had their own pissy little pretend plastic cigarettes.
None of which work very well, which is great for them.

TBF it is probably both