Australian Politics, Mark II

“Hey guys, how sure are we that this the Hume Freeway?” said the passenger as the bus passed the exit to Hahndorf.

1 Like

Wut?

1 Like

Think he’s having a poke at the multitude of meanings the term liberal has in relation to Politics.

Eg. Liberal (party) small L liberal, … Social liberal … Economic liberal, … which are ostensibly ideologically complete opposites etc

2 Likes

Laundy has suggested that maybe some MPs are on the way to being out of touch with mainstream Australia. As in, perhaps they are on the wrong road. The analogy I used humorously suggested that not only are the on the wrong road already, but they are actually quite close to the end of that road, insinuating that Liberal MPs are already out of touch with mainstream Australia. Very clever, I know. I struggled to maintain composure while I typed it out.

2 Likes

So a bunch of the Libs are blamining Turnbull for the loss of Wentworth…the seat he held until they knifed him in the back. If they had kept him then they would not have lost Wentworth.

He’s also responsible for their lack of donations and making them look like a bunch of squabbling throwbacks.
It really is unfair of him.

Of course they’re blaming Mal. Who else are they going to blame?

He took so much from them when he left. Wentworth, bailing them out in donations, non-terrify mug as their ‘face’.

And vetoing the stupid flip-floppy ultra-right policy thought bubbles.
Jerusalem.
Backing Hanson’s insane legislation.
It’s okay for private schools to identify and hate teh gayz.

Oh, none of those are winners?
Really?
We thought they’d be popular.
Forget we said it then.

5 Likes

Surely it has to be the Abbott government? The most inept, incompetent rabble that I can recall…

1 Like

In fairness all the pleading emails they sent from Orstraya are only just arriving in NYC

Huh, Gough was a Labor PM

Not to mention begging “Please don’t vote against us, … you’ll make us unstable”, … thereby exposingf the belief they were currently stable, …proving in one fell swoop just how unstable they truly are.

Scomo really screwed up by campaigning so visibly. He should have known even a slim win was going to look bad.

Now there are doubts over his campaigning ability.

He should have stayed at home, or better found an excuse to be out of the country.

1 Like

If Malcolm had stayed in the country and campaigned, he would have been worth a couple extra percent and the win, surely?

Only makes it funnier. It’s not like he hadn’t been clear that dumped Prime Ministers should get out immediately.

Well I feel a bit stupid now. The folk I was with were all set on him being LNP.

2 Likes

Genuinely thought you were making some bizarre joke.

2 Likes

Christensen is now railing against Turnbull for not being in the country to electioneer.

Chris Kenny and Fat George…and all the cretins on Sky News…that confirms it!

1 Like

Labour left office 274 billion in debt, predicted debt by next election approx 590 billion, no more needs to be said.

Are you being serious ?

Name once when Liberal Party has done anything progressive !