Australian Politics, Mark II

In the context of sovereignty , Morrison appears to have followed advice of the grown ups in navigating the power plays of the US and China at the Port Moresby APEC meeting.
As with Julie Bishop, he read from the script.
Thank the lord Trump delegated the job to Pence,

There are strong supporters on both sides who do not want a divided Jerusalem. I cannot see the Likud party wanting to see a Palestinian embassy in East Jerusalem.

Fairfax poll has 2PP back to a 48/52 split. Morrisonā€™s net approval still 12% and Shorten -7%.

I understand these things have an error factor but seriously, what have these clowns done to turn some peopleā€™s opinions recently?

1 Like

Hereā€™s one from my electorate. :flushed:

Itā€™s election time and out come the loonytoons.

1 Like

Just another regular member of the community with everyday thoughts and opinions then. LNP doing its best to ā€œrepresentā€ the electorate once again.

Australian gun lobby buying adds talking down labor in Victoria. Sometimes I am interested in how exactly DT would spin ā– ā– ā– ā–  like this.

They want a relaxing of Australian gun laws, they are funded by Berretta.

And the adds bang on about crime waves

Evil ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

4 Likes

I thought Australiaā€™s position at the UN is to adhere to the UN resolution status of Jerusalem as an international city.
As to claims that all other governments have the capital city as the placement of embassies, look no further than the Netherlands. Amsterdam is the national capital, but The Hague is the seat of government - where all the Embassies are located.

In a perfect world gun lobbyists would be among the first to be lined up and shot.

1 Like

Hassan Ali: Knock knock
Gun Lobby: Whoā€™s there?
Hassan Ali: Orange
Gun Lobby: Orange who?
Hassan Ali: Orange you glad I didnā€™t have a gun?

1 Like

On my experiments with the calculators, it appears that Stuart Oā€™Neill of the Aussie Battlers Party looks certain of election from Western Metropolitan Region. Rodney Barton of the Transport Matters Party looks almost as certain of election from Eastern Metropolitan Region.

So convoluted are the preference deals that Mr Oā€™Neill and Mr Barton will be elected as long as they can poll 0.3 per cent of the vote. Antony Green

This sort of crap can be stopped by just voting at least five votes below the line.
Itā€™s really not that difficult.

3 Likes

Yep. I did like 14, and that will be enough I reckon.

1 Like

I wonder how much safer bourke street would be with the crazy guy having a gun, and 20 wannabe heroes also having a gun, and the police having bigger guns.

4 Likes

Hahaahha. Iā€™m going to use that

I always vote below the line.

People espousing their fervent religious beliefs go last. Then frackers and their mothers, then anti-vaxxers and other generic racist or gun lobby single-issue types before getting to the people I really hateā€¦the major parties.

James Purcell probably getting the nod in the Assembly. I think heā€™s done a reasonable job in the Council.

Havenā€™t had too much of a squiz at the Council candidates yet.

3 Likes

So what your saying is we need to arm the homeless?

1 Like

LNP last for me. Then all the other anti-science idiots or ā– ā– ā– ā–  lords.

3 Likes

Matthew Guy keeping very quiet about his pledge last year to open a Victorian trade office in Jerusalem. As it would not have any diplomatic status it would not cut across curent Federal government policy ( whatever that is)
The Federal Government has a Representative Office in Ramallah, also without diplomatic status.

If that slimeball comes anywhere near wining this election, and /or the Liberals federally do, ā€¦ Iā€™m moving to New Zealand,ā€¦ and not returning until Rupert is in hell.

4 Likes

I prefer Cuba

Labor has done everything possible to win this state election.

They have invested in positive social policy and supporting Victorian people.

Liberals have run a completely negative campaign. Tough on crime. Investments into prisons. Abolish energy and emission targets.

1 Like