Australian Politics, Mark II

I can’t remember any election when they did not

2 Likes

Ive got a funny feeling they are gonna sneak in here

As a general rule, Governments lose, not an incredibly popular Opposition winning.

I would argue that the Andrews Government has done a good job and deserve another term.

I am always a pessimist at elections, ever since 1975 when I could not understand Voters turning against Gough. So I am never confident, however I have been at Labor stands at local markets and events over the past weeks and generally have had very positive response. Considering our local member resigned from the ALP in disgrace and our first candidate withdrew three weeks ago for “family reasons”, and we have 8 Independent Candidates, I am surprised. Not confident, but less pessimistic than normal.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think “terrorist on bail” is going to get them kicked out.

It’s definitely been a stealth campaign. Boring.

The federal party will be a serious drag on the liberals, massively on the nose in Victoria.

Liberals dont seem to have any positve reasons to vote for them unless you need a new TV or Fridge.

the liberals claim to be the only party* that are fixing an intersection in our area…

but for the survey pegs already in the ground denoting the extra lanes to be added. shonks.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of any of the parties though as a public transport user in the far north i’ll give credit to Andrews’ work on additional trains, development of key stations and safety on the trains.
I think he’ll win easily so hope his team works more closely with magistrates on minimum sentencing and bail conditions for particular crimes.
Keep the guns out of the hands of all wankers, continue to work with the Feds on local PT and road infrastructure in the 60 km radios of CBD, don’t be fearful of upsetting a few progressives if/when required and we’ll be right.

Federal Labor’s primary just dropped 4 points in the last Guardian poll. Um… why?

Maybe Luke Foley saga, or just maybe a quirk of these polls. Cannot be that ScoMo and the Muppetts are looking better.

1 Like

Guffawed at a radio ad this morning claiming Andrews is doing NOTHING about SKILL SHORTAGES

alexa, what is tafe?

2 Likes

That one I agree with.

Our disposal was shocking at times this season.

2 Likes

Ronnie Andrews won’t fix that.

He’ll fix something…

Probably somebody’s little red wagon.

1 Like

And their little dog, too.

Most likely explanation is that reporting on polls are a giant hairy waste of time indulged in by journalists who want to write a dramatic story without having to do any of that boring ‘research’ or ‘policy knowledge’ stuff, and that this fluctuation is entirely due to sampling error. Most opinion polls have a +/-3% margin of error after all, it’s only when you get a bunch in a row (run by different polling companies) that all show the same or similar thing that you can start believing them.

5 Likes

No silly, we need to arm the trolleys and fortify the homeless

1 Like

ScuMo the Treasurer just a few months ago, …“I don’t think there should be any cutting back on Immigration Numbers, … they’re vital for our Economy”…

ScuMo the slippery as PM, . . "I think Australia needs to reduce immigration numbers, so Cities can have a “Breather”, … AKA now I’m PM I have to rally the Racist Right Trump style and appease the Dinosaurs in my Party Room, …

Just fk off SlimeO.

3 Likes

It’s one matter to develop a sustainable population policy, but this is going to turn into a dogwhistling of what sort of people do we want here.
The skilled visa program ( which can be a pathway to residency) is already skewed to some extent to Anglos by recognition of qualifications and bilateral agreements on mutual recognition of professional qualifications.
As to the skilled tradies visa list, which includes plumbers and roof tilers, this reflects the lack of investment in apprenticeships here.

4 Likes

Surely that is the aim though.